Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Day: Saturday
Weather: Cold, partly cloudly
Song of the day: "Tell the Truth" by Jude Cole(an oldie but a goodie)

After a not so great nights sleep I was up at 6am with a list of things to do. Mainly grocery shopping and to buy some jeans for DS #1 who ripped holes in not just one, not two, but three pairs of jeans this week alone. I convinced DH and the boys to go with me. It seemed a nuisance at the time but I'm glad they did.

We bought the jeans and headed to the grocery store. The car started making a horrible noise in the front end. Upon further inspection we discovered that a belt was showing through on the front passenger tire. Off to Costco for two new tires. It's funny, with my part time job, and all the overtime DH has been working we actually had a little money in the bank to spare. Of course the universe's saw that and found a way to "take" it. The extra just covered two brand new tires.

On the way home we noticed the car was still making a noise. I suggested to DH that quite possibly it might be the steering pump since it seems to make the noise when steering but only at low speeds. He laughed it off but darn, if I wasn't right. Upon checking the fluid level when we got home he discovered we were low and once it was filled, the noise vanished. The car is handling much better now as well. I'm thankful that Dh was with me and am thankful the tire didn't blow when I was by myself. God was really looking out for us there.

I then headed off to a GTG with my Michigan friends. At first I wasn't going to go. I was still feeling raw after the incident on Friday. After a bit of arm twisting I went...And boy I'm glad we did.

We always have a great time together. We are often silly and I find my sides and stomach hurting from the laughter when I get home. It was great to see the quiet one since she hasn't been able to make it in awhile. Not a lot of stitching was done but the conversation was good for the soul. It reminded me that there are *good* people out there, people who care, people who stand up for you, protect you and check up on you to make sure you are indeed out instead of brooding at home(Thanks Misty). And mostly they helped put thing in proper perspective and see things the way they really are.

Most importantly an evil plan was hatched. I can't divulge the details but I can say it involved lots of LOUD TYPING, a big annoying doll and a few e-mails. Of course nothing will be done, I'm above that, but it was funny to talk about. I needed it.

On the plus side I get to see the same people again next weekend for our planned trip to Ohio.

One thing I really love about the GTG, besides the food, and friends, it's the 45 or so minutes I get to spend in the car. I bring some tunes, crank it up, and sing all the way there and back. Today I varied it little with the addition of some old school music in Jude Cole. I would say he was my musical "obsession" before my Jason phase began. He song "Tell the Truth" is I think my favorite song of ALL time.

I'm still struggling to stay above thing. I'm trying to bit my tongue, not lash out, and do petty and childish things. More details came out today. No one likes to be brunt of everyone else's jokes. I guess too I just don't get it why one person has made it their mission in life to be a part of mine. As much as they profess to dislike me but they spend an awful lot of their time paying attention to me. I'm secure in the knowledge that things may suck right now and things may not be going great but the tide will turn. In the end I will get back to a good place, that person however will still be a BITCH and still have her sad little life. Mine on the other hand is full of really great people!!

It's hard to be big though...I kept the Evil plan list just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home