Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

How can I be hung over on a Tuesday?

Last night Billy, the kids and I went over the Mary's house to get the trestelboard(it's like a monthly newsletter) and some information for tomorrow's night meeting, copied, collated, folded, stuffed and sealed. It makes sense to go to her house. She has the copier, folder, and sealer at her house. Last month it took us quite awhile to do it. The list still wasn't complete, half the stuff was still on Rolf's computer and Billy was still getting the hang of the database. This month we did get it done much quicker.

Part way through the process Mary was nice enough to offer me something to drink. She didn't have any diet soda in the house so I passed. She then mentioned margarita's. She had some pre-mixed stuff in her fridge. I'm not much of a drinker, not something I do often, but this sounded good. She poured us a couple and we sat down and started stuffing the envelopes. Before I knew it 2 hours had elapsed, my glass never seemed to be empty, and I was feeling pleasantly tipsy as I left. It was very weird to be drunk, on a Monday night, well before 10pm. It feels even funnier to by slightly hung over on a Tuesday morning. Still it was great fun.

I hope Mary enjoyed it as well. I can't imagine what it must be like losing your husband after 38 years of marriage. They had a good marriage too. They still seemed to really like each other, got along well, and did an awful lot of things together. It sounds like Mary is trying to keep busy and doing things. I think the summer will be hard when she is off from teaching but she had a list of things she wanted to get done and a trip to Scotland to look forward.

I also one of the things I really like about Mary is that she is not shy about telling you exactly what you need. You never wonder with her. If she needs you to look at something for her she asks. There is no guessing.

I meant yesterday to find the time to sit down and talk about the rest of my weekend but didn't find the time. I had to go to the grocery store, pick Billy up from work and get a bunch of stuff done around the house.

Today I'm going to take it a bit more easier. My plan had been to sort through my stash again, get rid of what I don't want anymore and get some other stuff in that room thrown out. Tomorrow is garbage day and it's the perfect day for it. My head however is pounding so maybe after I get G to school and get the stamps for the trestleboards from the Post Office, I may take a wee nap. Maybe this afternoon I'll get to the stash....

It's also such a shame that in this whole mess that my enjoyment of stiching has also been diminished. Right or Wrong so much of my stiching is also wrapped up with my online world. A majority of it was bought after seeing and hearing things from other stitchers. I have projects, like "Fairy Moon" that when I look at them I not only think about my stitching process but the fact that I chose a similar fabric after seeing Carrie stitch hers. As my feelings towards the online world changed, my feelings towards stitching has also changed. The World Wide Web is so vast but it can feel so small and inhabited by such small people as well.

Off to take G to school...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home