Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, March 03, 2006

It's UFO Friday!

Since the PAD SAL was such a success amongst us Michigan area stitchers(and a our few "satellite" members) we have added in a UFO Friday. We can work on the UFO of our choice, it just has to be one you haven't worked on in awhile. This will full fill two purposes for me: An old project will see the light of day and will help me meet my goal of finishing at least two Dragon Dreams Projects that are laying around in various stages of doneness. Today I decided to drag out "Here Be Dragons". I was able to take this class when Jenifer taught it in Toronto in October 2002. I believe I worked on it that weekend but I think it got filed away from there and there it has been. Here is what it looks like before I started stitching this morning:

Image hosting by Photobucket

"Here Be Dragons" Designed by Jenifer Aikman-Smith, Copyright Dragon Dreams Designs

I'm not sure how much time I will have to work on it today. I need to move all my XS stuff today in preparation for the furnance guy to come tomorrow. He said he may drop the new furnance off sometime today so I want to make sure I have room for it. He said it wasn't going to be a messy job but since my stuff is so portable I figured I would be safe than sorry. It might even give me a chance to sort it again, maybe purge some more stuff, and get it back in some kind of organization.

I'm feeling a lot better than yesterday. I'm afraid I may of sounded a bit whiny but I have to say the lady I spoke to first at the CC company was so mean. She used the words lazy, deadbeat and told me she didn't want to hear my sob story, just when I was going to take "responsibility" and pay them. I was really hurt by that because I've been doing all within my means to get them money, monthly, sometimes several times a month. Many people in my situation I don't thin would of been as honest, upfront and straight forward with them(Ok, there is the little phone thing but "technically" the phone is not mine, it's not in my name and honestly they could call me daily and it's not going to change a single darn thing. I have about 30% less money to work and that is not going to change in a couple of days). A lot of people would of stopped paying them long ago, at least I'm making an effort!!

I know that I let 1 person, a phone flunkie at that, who doesn't know me, doesn't know my life, effect the way I felt for almost an *entire* day. That is just unacceptable. When that hit me about 2pm I was really mad, at her but mostly at me for allowing it. I took a couple of deep breaths and let it go. I'll call them on the 17th, hope to make arrangements or let it go to collections. They surely can't talk any worse to me than Citibank has.....

My cold sore is almost gone, thank goodness!! It didn't get nearly as big as I had feared and all my lymph glands have gone back to normal and I'm not plagued with a headache. The weather today is so pretty. The sun is shining so bright, the birds are singing and I swear I can smell spring in the air!!

I'm looking forward to the weekend. It will be quiet mostly, after the furnance that is. DH has hockey practice tonight(ugh), hockey game tomorrow night(double ugh) and then the lodge breakfast on Sunday. After all my big talk earlier about going and not letting my SIL run me off, I'm undecided. I may go for awhile. She usually doesn't show up right away so maybe I'll go, get things set up and then leave before they get there. Or maybe I'll just roll over and go back to sleep. It's been hard getting back into the swing of the school routine and sleeping in sounds so wonderful!!


I've seen this in other blogs so I'm going to do it here. My goals for March are:

Finish model for Misty(2/3 done)
Finish the RR piece for Wendy(at the 1/2 way point)
Finish Feb's ornament(about 3/4 done)
Start and finish March's ornament (I haven't even thought about it, something small)
Make Forest Goddess my focus piece (means she gets at least an hour a days worth of stitching)
Start Lavender Myst by Lesa Steele 3rd week of March for the SAL with the Michigan stitchers (since I finished my PAD and don't have any others ready to go we are altering it to include band samplers. I've had this kitted in my stash for at least 2 years, if not more)
Have more fun, worry less!!(my one and only New Years resolution which I failed miserably at during Feb but I'll get back on track in March)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home