Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

A little more information...

I got together with a friend yesterday who lives in the area. She gets the newspaper(we don't) and the incident at the school had a big write up the other day. She was able to give me more the fine details. The incident occurred Friday Feb. 17, right before we went on mid winter break. The incident was observed by a school aide who was disturbed by what she saw and went to the principal. The child went home, told the parents what happened and from there the parents called the police. It's not just the word of a child or the word of the parents but they word of a bystander as well. The teacher turned herself in so she was not arrested at school, in front of students.

My friend happens to be a teacher as well and she doubts seriously, given the teachers age(she's 63) that she will ever step foot in a classroom. She will more than likely retire and given the incident, she should.

I feel better know all the details of what happens but I feel really sad it came to that. If I were the parents I think I likely would of called the police as well. I know that kids can really push the limits sometimes, I can see maybe grabbing a child's arm or along that lines but touching the neck is out of line. So many things could of gone wrong and the child could of really gotten hurt. I'm thankful knowing that G won't get her next year.

I had such a great time yesterday. I went to see the play "Chicago" with my friend Mary and one other lady from the lodge. We met at Mary's first and she made us a wonderful light lunch of soup and salad before we left. Then we went downtown and saw the play. We had to sit in the balcony but the seats were awesome. The play was great!! I had seen the movie but the play was very different and it was so funny in spots. From the play we went to dinner. I couldn't believe I ate again but I did. I had an amazing dessert to finish and came home just stuffed to the gills. We all decided to do it again in a couple of months.

I got a chance to talk to Mary about the lodge. I haven't been doing the breakfast the last few months because of my SIL. She has kind of come in and taken over in a way and I felt very displaced. Mary felt the same way. I'm sure my SIL doesn't mean to, she's just a very in charge kind of person. Mary said she's been coming to these breakfast long before my SIL has and will continue long after my SIL stops(and I agree when her husband is no longer in charge, we will not see either of them there working) and she won't let my SIL chase her away. I had also kind of gotten the impression that everyone liked my SIL more to me and I found out it wasn't the case at all. I've been very missed at the last few and she hopes I come back. She didn't push or anything like that, she just made me feel like I really was a valued person there. So maybe next Sunday I'll haul myself down there to serve breakfast to 150 people.....

tomorrow I'll have to post some pictures. I got a lot of stitching done this week with the boys home from school and not having to make the 3 trips to the bus stop a day. I finished my PAD, I finished my Sapphire Celtic cross(that was a week ago) and I almost finished my Elf Fairy. I had a major bead spillage because of my dogs desire to jump on the couch and bark like crazy at the gas man. Before I could stop her, my beads were flying everywhere. I did mount a large search and rescue and got a fair amount of them back. I was still about 30 beads short. Ah well, she is gorgeous with all those beads. She's so sparklely!

I hope to finish my ornament for February today as well as getting a RR square finished in the next couple of days. I hope on March 1 to be able to start Mira's Forest Goddess. I splurged a little last week and bought the pattern and the floss for it(Jo-Ann's had floss 5/$1 so it wasn't that expensive). I had some fabric in my stash but I wanted to get a few more things finished before starting something new.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, February 27, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about some people taking charge of things! We all know some like that, don't we?

Looking forward to seeing the pictures, Sarah.

And again I'm glad your DS2 won't have to be in this lady's class. Yikes!
Susan in SoCal

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home