Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Stitching goals for 2006

I thought I would put my stitching goals for 2006 in writing:

1. Finish Christmas Flourishes(DONE)
2. Finish Sapphire Celtic Cross for my MIL
3. Finish Mira's Elf Fairy
4. Do one ornament a month, at least(did 2 this month)
5. Participate in the Patricia Ann Stitch Along(started)
6. Participate in the Michigan area Stitchers RR(passed mine on to Ruth, got Misty's last weekend)
7. Finish at least one, maybe two, of the Dragon Dreams projects I have as WIP's all over the place
8. Finish Celtic Spring(just need to finish a few gold swirls in her dress, and the beading)
9. Stay focused on goals, don't get sidetracked
10. No new finishes until I have *finished* other stuff

You'll notice a theme here, finishing. I have so much started, so much kitted up and ready to start that I need to try to stay focused on that. I know stitching is a hobby and it's supposed to be *fun* but not finishing anything is not a lot of fun.

Now if I can just stay away from the new Mira, I'll be ok, because I really, really, really want it!!!

I think I have a new musical obsession brewing. I still love my Jason but I must admit I haven't listened to him in a couple of months. He is not updating his blog anymore(I know he's busy), refuses to come any where near me(of course if I realized that Cleveland was as close as he was going to get I may of made an effort for that concert), and every interview I read with him lately he is going on and on about his girlfriend(ok, I get it, she's HOT, you're in love, blah, blah, blah). I'll always love him but I think the daily "must" listen to him has waned...At least until some new stuff comes out or he comes to Detroit(or at least Michigan)

My new emerging obsession...Michael Buble. Man, what a smooth voice he has. I have no clue what he looks like but this voice is amazing and it's nice to hear some old standards and such a crooning voice. I'm trying to eek some money out of the budget for one of his CD's but for now I'll have to make due with the two songs I got on I-tunes. I've dropped big hints with DH for Valentines Day....

1 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, January 26, 2006 , Blogger Suzanne said...

hi Sarah - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Michael Buble - he's coming here in April and I want tickets BADLY!! Love the Celtic Cross. I need to look up the pattern and put it on my wishlist!

SuzinVA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home