Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, November 03, 2006

BRR....It's cold outside!!

Yesterday afternoon I saw this out my front window:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It has already been a really cold fall. The boys outgrew their mid-weight jackets and I was worried about getting them replaced but it seemed like they never needed them. They went straight to winter coats practically. The bus stop trips in the morning are so cold already and the afternoon trips aren't that much better.

I was able to put the last few beads into my Mira piece so she is done!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Copyright Mirabilia Designs

It's Friday and this weekend is going to be busy. The lodge has the charity dinner on Saturday and then the breakfast on Sunday along with Hockey Saturday night. Dh has been working super hard at work the last 6 weeks or so. He is gone before we get up and stays late more nights than not They have made a lot of changes at his office equipment wise and it seems like he is in the middle of it all the time. It is really stressing him out and he comes home pretty wiped out most nights. Still he is enjoying the job and is really happy to finally being at a place that is asking for his input and actually listening to him. We are hoping for a bonus for the 3rd quarter since they were so busy but we've hoped for one each quarter and have gotten nothing yet.

I'm hoping to find the time sometime this weekend to go and get the last of what we need for G's birthday which is next weekend(my baby is 7, I'm still shocked). After that we need to start thinking about Christmas. I'm trying not to stress too much about that but it's hard not to. At this point I don't see how we are going to do it. We don't exchange gifts with many people and I'm not worried about anyone other than our boys and at this point I'm not sure what, if anything, we are going to be able to do. I just have to trust it's all going to work out in the end.

And thanks to Autumn and Lori for your comments about the boys. I often worry about my parenting skills and wonder if I'm doing something wrong. It was nice to hear other kids bicker and it's not just my boys that only seem to *hear* the Dad voice.

One good thing before I head out the door. There was a mistake with the company that prints the school pictures and about 1/2 the school received 2 packs of pictures instead of the one they ordered. Both of my boys received these mistakes so we have a bunch of pictures this year. Both took awesome pictures and I'm happy to have plenty to share!!!! I love when I mistake goes in your favor :D

3 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, November 03, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

Don't worry...they are predicting 50 to 60 degrees next week!!! That snow will be gone in a jiffy! We have about 2 inches here due to "lake effect". Yuck!

That Mira is BEAUTIFUL!! The beads really make it. I just may have to stitch that one!

Good news on the photos...and especially since they were good pictures!!

 
At 3:53 AM, November 05, 2006 , Blogger Suzanne said...

Brrrr, SNOW! Glad things worked out on the pictures! Suz

 
At 7:52 AM, November 09, 2006 , Blogger Jenny said...

I really like your Mira Cherub! It came out really nice. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home