Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

And her name is ::drumroll please::

Isis. It's a name we all agree on(mostly) and I figured the sooner we pick a name, the quicker we can teach it to her. I like it, it rolls off the tongue pretty well, and it is a bit different. She was bit more active last night. We got her to play with some little balls we had in the house as well as some string and stuff. She did eat and I discovered that she really wants someone in the room with her as she eats. She seems to have found the litter box on her on last night which I was glad about.

Last night she slept with just about everyone( except D who is in the top bunk) and she made the rounds. She started with G which made him soooo happy, then with us, then Steph said this morning she woke up with Isis on her head. She seemed to have finished the night with us because when I got up with DH at 6ish, she was there. She really does like to be "on" you, not just next to you, and she really does not like to be alone. I hope she does Ok on Friday because me and the boys are going to Mary's for the day to swim and she will be here with just Anna.

So here are a few more pictures. D took all but one of them, and did a pretty good job:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting








Today is the Wednesday night BBQ. Tonight it will be chicken, hot dogs and hamburgers, Caesar salad, roasted red potatoes, zucchini, and cheesecake brownies for desert. We have one more left after this. Steph starts school on 8/31 and we aren't' sure if she will have the time for them. I think I may keep them going at least through D's birthday.

I'm kind of bummed. Dh was going to take the two days following Labor Day off from work but it looks like now that he won't take them. They are putting in new equipment, equipment he lobbied for them to buy, and he has to be there for that. I bugged him all summer to take a couple of days(he has 3 coming) and this seemed like a good time, because when he paired it with a long weekend it was a good chunk of time, but now he's not. Everyone else gets a vacation, everyone else actually takes the time off, but not DH. I guess I'm glad he is such a hard worker, I know there are husbands that don't work as hard(or at all) but he could use the rest and it would be nice to have a couple of days off. He will at least get some of the morning off on the 6th so he will be able to go up to the first day of school and meet both boys teachers, but now we will have to rethink our plan of giving D his bike that day when he got home from school.

So today I really need to get some stuff done. I got the brownies to make, the kitchen to clean and I have to get the house picked up. I'm going to try not to get as distracted by the cute little fluff ball today!!!(famous last words).

3 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, August 23, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

I think that is a perfect name for her! Your son looks SO happy with her sitting on him!

Your BBG sounds yummy. Is Steph a teacher, or is she going to school for her degree? Just wondered!

Have a great day!
Lori

 
At 9:48 AM, August 23, 2006 , Blogger Terri said...

Yum! Your BBQ sounds delish!

You can really tell how tiny Isis is by the picture of her with your DH :)

 
At 11:49 AM, August 23, 2006 , Blogger Karoline said...

Isis is a really cutie :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home