Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

8 days and counting....

Over all we've had a pretty good summer and we are all adjusting to not having a basement for the boys to play in, mostly. The last few days have been a bit dreary, rainy and cool here in Michigan so the kids have been stuck in the house. In the old days they could burn off some of the extra energy in the basement or when they got to be too much I could go hide out there on the pretense of "checking my e-mail". Without the basement I feel like we are all on top of each other. For the most part it's been Ok, the last 3 days though, have been really stressful, especially yesterday. I love G, I love his excitement, I love how he is interested in everything, but yesterday I really needed 10 minutes of peace and quiet and could not get it. No matter where I went, G seemed close behind, with an endless list of questions. I was so thankful to send them to bed and then head to my room for some alone time last night. I managed all of about 10 minutes before falling asleep myself but it was nice. For the first time I'm looking forward to sending them to school, I hope I dont' sound like a horrible mother for saying that, but it's not only the alone time I'm looking forward to but I'm looking forward to getting back on a schedule. We've started re-enforcing bedtimes this week in prep of school next week....only 8 days and counting.

We went over the weekend and got all school shopping done, or at least I thought. I knew G had grew and none of his pants fit. He was in a 6, so the jeans I bought him were 7's. When we got home and I tried them on him, they were barely long enough. If that was all I had, they would do, but one growth spurt, or a too hot of a dryer and they would be to short so we have to take them back. I'm amazed at his rate of growth sometimes. D has been wearing the same size pants for nearly a year. Over all I was really happy that we hit a few sales and got everything we needed with a couple of bucks to spare so we are all set for school.

Isis is now into full blown kitten mode and man is she a nut. It seems she is finally all healed from her surgery. She still sleeps mostly through the night, but during the day she is full blown all over the place. She plays with anyone, and everything. We still need to work on her table manners. She is all over you when you have food. Over the weekend Steph was at the table eating BK and Isis took a running leap from the middle of the room and nearly landed square in her whooper. Last night she got so unruly as we were eating dinner that we had to put her in one of the bedrooms while we ate. I guess it goes back to her stray roots because I don't remember any of other cats being quite so agressive(and it's amazing how all 3 pounds of her can be like that). Sure, they would beg, or one cat liked to tip the garbage at night but none ever took a running leap at the food.

She still likes to cuddle and to sleep curled up between DH and I which is nice, except last night. As I was going to sleep she was playing with my hair, and again this morning at 5:45amish she was under the covers nibbling on my toes!! This is a lot more like what I was expecting and I guess I didn't take into account how long it would take her to recover from the surgery. I should have some pictures of her tomorrow. She has really grown a lot in a week. She's not nearly as bony, and she is taller and longer than she was. she is most definitely a princess in this house and very rarely, if ever has to walk any where. We need to get out of the habit of carrying her around, but it's hard not to, since she is so portable and so adorable.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, September 04, 2006 , Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Carry her all you want! She won't be small forever (not long at all, in fact), and she may grow out of wanting you to carry her around. Ours all did, and I miss it, so enjoy it while you can. Those pictures are great! And I'm sure she and the dog will eventually learn to like each other. LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home