Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No internet access, no cell phone(and new pictures too!!)

I did not mean to go so long without updating my blog, because really what is the point of having one if you aren't going to use it but we've been without internet access for a a little while so that is why there has been no updates. We had car problems, nothing huge but enough that we had to chose between paying for the car, or the internet, and of course we had to chose the car.

Then the cat knocked my cell phone off the night stand. I'm not sure what her obsession is but you can't leave anything on a table or a dresser or really anyplace without her knocking it off to the floor. My cell phone broke open into 3 pieces which I knew was not good. Of course just putting it back together didn't work. We then found out the joys of trying to replace a cell phone when 1. Your plan isn't up for renewal 2. your warranty has just expired 6 weeks earlier and 3. you are not yet eligible for an "equipment upgrade". I had to use my MIL cell phone for a week or so before we could replace mine permanently.

The one thing that was really bad about the loss of the cell phone was the loss of my address book. I didn't realize there was a difference in how you stored you information. In one way it would have stored it on a chip that could be transferred to your new phone. The way I stored it was on the phone itself and with it gone, so is all the information. I lost not only phone numbers but e-mail addresses and snail mail, all of it poof. I don't know why it bothered me so much, most of what I lost was from people who don't talk to me anymore so what is the big deal? I guess I hoped that one day, maybe, that they would again, but it's more than obvious that they are not, so I guess it's ok that information is lost. This of course has made me think again of what I could of done differently. It still hurts an awful lot. I felt like I did what I could to make amends in small way over the summer but I guess it was not enough. Still I miss them all very much and wonder how they are all doing......

Isis continues to be such a nut. She is still into everything and I wonder if she will ever slow down. She has grown a fair amount and she is just really solid feeling. She is still nuts about food and will eat just about anything from marshmallows, to tea, to chips. We have to be really careful of the garbage and our food! She seems to have no fear and no matter how hard I try to teach her some manners, so far it's still not working. She is the worst with my stitching, and all over me whenever I try. None of my other cats were like this so this has been a new experience for me. She is also none to bright, I'm afraid to say. She loves to play with the "pointer on the computer screen and loves to chase things on the TV. We've had such fun with her that we are pondering adopting another cat after the first of the year, money allowing of course. I think a friend would be good for Isis and maybe give her someone else to chase and gnaw on then us and the poor dog. Here are a couple of recent pictures of her:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chasing the TV
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nice and warm
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Her one leg is a little bow legged but it sure doesn't slow her down
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She loves to sleep with the dog


Speaking of stitching I have been doing a lot of it. I decided to go ahead and start a new project to see if that would spur on the stitching bug and it did. I started Black Swan's "Flight of Fancy" that I bought last February. I had put a few stitches in it somewhere along the way but I dove in and got a lot done:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Designed by Karen Wever, Copyright Black Swan

Then I started to think about Christmas. I wanted to do something nice for DH's aunt who replaced our furance earlier this year. I had originally started a MLI freebie for the box top but I really didn't like how it was turning out so I decided to do one of Mira's free cherubs on the box top. I can't remember the exact year, maybe 2004, but she just needs the rest of her beads and she is done:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
copyright Mirabilia Designs

I loved how this one turned out so I think I'm going to stich the 2006 freebie for myself. It is up now on her sight and I saw a completed one and it was goregous!! I think I will stitch it for myself, minus the background. I try to stitch at least one ornament for me every year and I think this will be mine this year.

Last night was Halloween. The kids had a pretty good time except for G who shut his hand in the car door. I don't think it's too bad. His one finger is a bit swollen this morning and it's a bit painful to bend but I think it will be fine in a couple of days. The lure of candy was strong so it was hard to judge last night how bad it was hurt. Here they are in the their costumes:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
G on the left, D on the right

Here are their pumpkins:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
G's Pumpkin

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
D's Pumpkin

So I think that is it. I'm going to try to be better about updates my blog, that is as long as we continue to have internet access!!

2 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, November 01, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

Glad you see you back!! Isis is getting SO big, but she is very cute...especially with Anna!

Love the boys pumpkins too!

Your Mirabilia angel is beautiful...that is one of my favorites!!

Lori

 
At 4:48 PM, November 01, 2006 , Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Glad you're back! I was really starting to worry about you. The kids (both two-legged and four-legged) all look great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home