Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Feeling none to happy at the moment...

Dh called late this afternoon. I knew it probably wasn'' something so great since I had already talked to him once already that day. Rarely, if ever, do I hear from him twice in the day unless it's to tell me something I'm probably not going to like, and I was right. He got invited out tonight. His boss invited him to go to the Red Wings game, dinner before, more than likely drinks after, they will leave straight from the office, so I won't see him until late. Now, in DH's defense he did *ask* if it was Ok, but seriously, what was I going to say? No, not really an option. There seems to be a fair amount of socializing that goes along with this job. Dh seems to be able to get to get to the owner better in social type settings than in a strict office environment. With all the changes going on at work, I know he'd like to have the guys ear for awhile so off he is to the game. Plus he has been working so incredibly hard, he deserves a bit of a treat. I tried to be nice about it but I don't think I was as nice as I wanted to be. To me it's just another night of dinner alone with the kids, being responsible for homework and bed times. It's not like DH never gets out of the house....Ah well, hopefully the Wings will win and Dh will have fun.

He also told me last night that he is working hard on trying to get Steph hired at his office. I've long since given up the idea that she(or DH for that matter) want anything other than a friend type relationship but I will admit to at times having some jealous feelings. Especially when I head to bed and DH stays up to hang out with Steph. Admittedly if I had a good friend living in the house, someone who understands completely what I do for a living(cause frankly most of what they say goes right over my head), I might hang out a lot too, still it's hard at times. Now thinking about them working AND living together is, well, weird, for lack of a better word.

I know it would be good for her though. Her part time job didn't work out and since her replacement at her old job only lasted a month, she is back at there trying to do 40 hours of work, in 25. I can see how stressed she is on how tired she is, so something steady and something very definitely part time would be good. In the long run it would probably be good for DH. Since he started they have wanted someone there in the evenings, at least a few days a week. Granted they wanted to move a current employee to an afternoon type shift but they have grown so much and are so busy they could easily keep someone busy 3 nights a week. This would hopefully cut down on DH's late night at the offices too. I know it would be easier for him to know that stuff was getting done like he asked. Steph is really someone you can depend on.

I worked on getting my boxes stained over the weekend. I bought some Minwax Polyshade which is a stain and sealer in one. I wanted a darker type color so I picked antique walnut. The only problem is even with 4 coats so far, it's not that dark. I'm not sure what else to try so I may have to go with how they are. I did finish the other stitching for the other box top so I just need to get them mounted and on the boxes. I also need to make a trip to Jo-Ann's for some floss for some braids to go around the edges.

I really liked the way the Celtic cross came out and I decided to stitch the other two as Christmas ornaments for my two SIL. I spent the better part of today trying to find a Celtic inspired fabric as backing but really had no luck finding anything online. I may have to go with a solid type fabric instead. I'll have to look when I go to Jo-Ann's.

Tomorrow I plan on washing down the walls in the dining room in preparation for G's birthday party on Sunday. They really need it and it's a good excuse to get it done. Then in the evening I need to make Rice crisp treats for him to take to class on Friday.

I'm looking forward to Saturday. DH and I plan on leaving the boys with Grandma, have lunch together and then go shopping for the last few gifts needed for G's birthday. His party should be pretty interesting. Some really good friend of ours have just decided to divorce. Well, I should say he asked for one, she wasn't thrilled. It's very sticky and awkward when they are together but how can you say for her not to come. Plus she is the one who verbally attacked me last year so I can't imagine what it might be like this year . Then there is DH's brother and SIL who have decided for some reason to stop talking to most of the family. For the life of me I can't figure out what we have all done but they won't return phone calls, haven't called Dh's mom since March, and can't be bothered to show up for the nephews birthdays either(or their sisters wedding or a myraid of tother family functions in the last year). D was very disappointed in September and I'm sure G will be the same.

Yesterday was election day. I'm not all that happy with how things turned out. We re-elected our governor who I thought had done a terrible job, as well as re-elected all our congress people. Nice change people!!! Considering Michigan's economy is in the dumper. The proposals did a bit better but still I was not t thrilled to see the news this morning. I was also really surprised with the turn out. How hard is it to vote? Seriously, it takes all of 5 minutes. When I went after I picked the boys up from school I was ballot number 340. Steph went right before they closed and she was ballot number 579. So roughly only 600 hunderd people in our district voted? I'm not sure how big the district is, but it's got to be bigger than that!!!


2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, November 09, 2006 , Blogger WhizGidget said...

Sarah, I know you hate me more than anyone can possibly imagine, but I think you should listen to Angela's comments

 
At 2:35 PM, November 09, 2006 , Blogger Margaret said...

Amen Ann! I completely agree with you that Sarah should heed Angela's comments.

Sarah, Although I don't comment or post regularly anywhere anymore, I do read quite a bit. I've followed your saga with Staph over the past year or two (or longer, I'm not sure) and I honestly and truly believe that despite his protestations, there is some sort of an affair going on. I have believed this since you first mentioned her. I can't believe that you allowed her to move in with you, no matter how badly you needed the money. For me it would have been preferable to work nights, weekends, put the kids in daycare than to allow this temptation (or infection if you prefer) into your home. I strongly recommend that you move her back out as quickly as possible and if your DH decideds to go with her...good riddance! If he goes then they truly deserve each other, and he'll do to her or she to him what they've already done...once a cheater always a cheater.

I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but I finally left my DH earlier this year after wanting to for years and nevern thinking I could survive on my own. I honestly wonder if you're in teh same situation as I am, since you seem to be amenable to allowing this infection in your marriage, and although you complain here, it does not appear that you and your DH have ever really discussed the situation and how cruddy it makes you feel.

Just my opinion as someone who's been in a bad situation (and I suspected he was cheating on me off and on for years, although I never had any proof).

If you decide to do something about this and need a friend, I'll be glad to talk to you about it, but if not that too is your perogative!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home