Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Monday, November 06, 2006

I fed nearly 600 people over the weekend.

As predicted it was a very busy weekend. On Saturday was the spaghetti dinner for the ill Marine. We were able to get the dinner well publicized(it was on the local news) so we got a HUGE turnout. We had originally printed 300 tickets and ran out of those and we think we got about another 100 after that. Between admission price and the rafflesthey were doing all evening we raised $3600 for him and his family. Then Sunday morning was the breakfast. We had nearly 200 people(last count I saw was 190) and we just ran our butts off all morning. I was so tired last night....not to mention my feet and back are killing me today. I plan on taking it kind of easy today before I start getting the house in order for G's birthday party this weekend. I clean every day in some form or another but there is "us" clean and company "clean".

Other than those two things I didn't get much else done over the weekend so later I'll have to do some laundry and dishes. For now I'm going to go back to bed for a little while with the heating pad on my back and maybe catch another hour or so of sleep. Even though I was dead tired last night I trouble sleeping and didn't go to sleep until after midnight and was up a little before 6am. I have to admit, I do miss the boys while they are in school, but having the whole day free is just heavenly sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home