Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Maybe Ace(like a WWI pilot) is a good name for the kitten.....

Because her feet have barely touched the ground since she has been here. She has pretty much roamed from lap to lap to lap. Even when you set her on the ground to give her a chance to maybe explore, she explored far enough to the next lap. When it was bedtime we weren't sure what to do with her but as soon as we laid down, up on the bed she went. I tried snuggling with DH and she walked over us, found a little tiny spot, and plopped herself down, and there she stayed, and it seems like she hasn't stopped purring.

Since she was loopy yesterday we left the litter box upstairs and put her in it several times. She did use it which is good. This morning I moved it downstairs and I'll encourage her to use it several times today and then leave it up to her. No accidents so far which is good.

So far she still is not interested in the "high quality" kitten food the shelter said to buy so I think we might need to get a little wet food to mix in with it, like she had at the shelter. She has barely eaten but I'm sure if she was hungry, she would eat, I think. She did find the water dish and has been drinking. I also have to remember that she did just have surgery so it will take a little while maybe to feel like eating. I put the neosporin on the little tattoo and boy she did not like that at all! It's very crude looking but if someone was looking, they'd find it.

Later I'll have to upload some more pics of her with the boys. G is a little disappointed that she won't come to him when called and I had to explain that we still need to settle on *one* name and teach it to her(Isis is still a tops among everyone but DH, who still likes Ace or Nora). They didn't say how long she was in the shelter so I don't know how attatched to Pumpkin she was but she doesn't seem to come to that either.

I forgot to mention that G was sick yesterday. He complained of a headache before bed Sunday night and then again Monday morning. Monday morning he hung out on the couch a lot longer than normal but did go outside to play when a friend came to the door. He was only gone a little while when he came home and complained he felt shaky and funny. He didn't look good either. I felt him and he was HOT. I took his temp, over 103 with the ear thermometer. I got some motrin into him, an hour later he wanted to play outside again and his temp was closer to normal, I didn't let him, but he seemed better. His temp spiked again last night after dinner so it was more motrin, some benedryl to help him sleep, and he was asleep early. He slept straight through, and when he got up he looked much, much better. I gave him about an hour to see what his temp would do it it got a little over a 100. More motrin and him and the kitty are playing. G says it was the healing power of the cat that made him all better.

I'm off to do some dishes and laundry.....ah, who am I kidding. I'm going to cuddle the kitten for awhile and then maybe move on to some chores!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home