Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!!!

Billy really took me at my word when I said all I wanted was to go out yesterday with my friends cause that is all I got. I was awakened at 5:45 by G and had to get up with him because DH was "tired"(more about that later). I made breakfast for all(muffins) and set to getting the dishes and laundry done so we have clean clothes. DH got up around 8am and watched the news and had coffee.

I got a nice gift from G, a "mom's survival kit" they made at preschool. It was very sweet and very cute. I also got a poem and handprints on Friday. Donovan brought home a Petunia for me to plant along with a hand written card on Friday. I've tucked them away with all my other memories in my memory box.

I wasn't expecting a gift or anything like that before I sound ungrateful but a card from him would of been nice. I even joked breakfast in bed, consisting of pop tarts and tea would suffice. Ah well, next year!! I did at least talk the kids out of taking me to the zoo today. Donovan is a tad disappointed but I wasn't up for walking all day and putting up with the crowds. They have to learn that sitting at home, going absolutely nowhere, in my pj's, hair in a ponytail, doing nothing more than napping, reading, stitching is a *great* day for me. I promised next weekend we would go to the zoo.

Yesterday was our Michigan/Ohio GTG. We've been kicking around the idea since last November and actively planning it for several months. We had a list of people from here that wanted to go as well as a bunch of people in Ohio we were to meet. One by one they all found other things they had to do. One person got sent plane tickets to see her family and grandchild, another person was in an accident and another person was short on cash due to buying a condo. A person here had to cancel cause her husband had to go out of town. I understand that things come up and if you let me know ahead of time great. It was the others who didn't show up that was frustrating. We waited at one house close to an hour for someone to show up, no call, no e-mail, no nothing.

We made it to Ohio in record time that's to Momma Andrettie, Misty!! We went to a LNS where we were supposed to meet 2 people. The store was nice, the help super friendly and nice but no show on the people we were meeting. We waited almost 90 minutes before leaving the store for lunch.

We had a great relaxing lunch and then headed to a Hobby Lobby. The store was a disappointment. The stitching section was tiny. I bought just some scissors(one of my weaknesses).

It was still pretty early in the day and way too early for most of us to go home so we pondered what to do from there. We headed back to Michigan where we hit another LNS near Misty's house, a Michael's, and a Jo-Ann's where they were super duper helpful.

After that we were going to grab some coffee/dessert so we went to Baker's Square. Upon smelling food we were all suddenly starving so we had a late dinner with our dessert.

We then took Delphine home, headed back to Misty's where we played with her new copier by making a working copy of something that was way too small. Ruth was kind enough to bring me home. I had left the house at 8am and didn't get back until a little before 11pm. It was a good day though even if it was just us again.

I came home and Billy then informed me he had to go to the office. He swears he told me he had to do this before but he didn't. He was out the door within minutes of me walking in the door. I was little disappointment because I was looking forward to sharing my day. I sat up for awhile, stitched, read a little, watched some TV and feel asleep about 2am. He did wake me up at 3am when he came in. He brought home some McDonald's and we shared a burger....I guess technically that could be considered breakfast in bed.

I had a bit of money with me when we were shopping but I found very little that caught my eye. I did buy some over dyed floss and a Just Nan pattern. Once I got the pattern home and looked more closely at the colors and decided I didn't really like it. I put it up for sale and I hope I can get what I paid for it. I technically spent more on my two meals yesterday than stash.

Billy is bugging about going to his moms house. I'm hoping that we can put that off until after dinner but I I really just want to finish my book and take a nap!! I should also say he didn't get her a card either so it wasn't just me who didn't get one.

Today it is officially one month to my Jason concert. Let the countdown begin!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home