Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Here I am back again!!

It was pointed out to me this morning that it's been awhile since I've written, and I guess it has. I stopped writing mainly cause I was boring myself. It seemed to be the same things over and over again. I also was enjoying my time with Billy and the kids and we all got completely off schedule. Just about everything went downhill and we became real bums there for awhile. We stayed up late, got up late, played all day and just enjoyed each day being together.

Now Billy is back to work and the kids are back in school so we are back on schedule and things are starting to get done.

Since I've last posted a few things have happened. Billy and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary in August. With has rocky as the last year has been we felt it important that even with the finances the way the were we needed to celebrate so we went out to a nice dinner. The last year has been tough on our marriage and I was happy to celebrate the day. Looking back we found quite a few things to laugh about though...

Donovan turned 8 on September. 6. We celebrated his birthday a couple of days early. We had a small family party with a few kids from the neighborhood. He wanted an army man birthday cake. I gave it a shot and he ended up with what was supposed to be a camouflaged colored cake but looked more like a map to me.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comStill he was happy with it. He had a good time on his birthday and he got the guitar he has been asking for. We are trying to find someone to give him lessons. Still he likes to strum on it everyday and he talks about the songs he's going to write on it. Could I have a future Jason on my hands? Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We had to our our beloved kitty Gwen put to sleep two weeks ago. She was very old, nearly 17, and had not been doing that well most of the summer. She was still eating and getting around but you could tell she was getting old. Over night practically she went completely downhill. She wouldn't eat, couldn't go up the stairs anymore and just looked worn out. Billy and his brother took her to have her put to sleep. I should of gone with them but I just couldn't, it was too hard. I cried for two days. I miss my sweet girl. We had had her and her brother(who passed away two years ago) our entire marriage and it was really sad to let her go, even though it was time. That leaves us with just my baby kitty meepers and our dog Anna. The kids took it pretty well. G wanted to buy some stuffed animals for meepers to sleep so he wouldn't be lonely now that Gwen is gone and he's the only kitty left.

Donovan started the second grade. This year so far is going so much better than last. His kindergarten teacher is now teaching second grade and Donovan was placed in her class. Granted I didn't love her when she was his kindergarten teacher(I think she babies them too much) but Donovan loves her. His class is much more equal boys/girls and he just all around seems much more comfortable.

I'm amazed at how well his reading has become. I knew he could read but his willingness to do it and how much easier it seems to be for him now is great to see. He can also spell like I can't believe. Such a quick memory!! His weakness seems to be math. He's writing a lot of his numbers backwards. I spoke to a friend who is a math teacher and she said to give him a bit more time. It could be a leftie thing and it's still normal for him to do it at this point, but he should stop doing it by the end of this year. If it continues after that , it could be a problem.

Gaelan started Kindergarten this year. He goes in the afternoon and so far he likes it. He gets on the bus and loves riding it. I like his teacher so far. She is very matter of a fact, no nonsense teacher, which I think G needs to keep him focused. He's having a hard time adjusting to going to school in the afternoon and it seems like all morning he asks "when do I leave for school?". It's a bit of an adjustment for me too but I kind of like having the afternoons to myself. With the bus schedule and a little extra time he spends in class I have nearly 3 1/2 hours alone.

I see from my last blog entry I was really harsh on my beloved Jason and his sophomore album. I have to say my opinion has changed a lot since then. The album has grown on me and I do like it. There are a few songs I still can't listen too but there are some that I just love. He is going on tour soon and I'm bummed that the closest he's going to be is either Chicago or Cleveland. Both are weeknight too so not at all possible. I'm holding out hope that maybe on his second leg he will be closer! I know I would love to see him.

The best thing with the release of his new album was a flurry of press so lots of fun interviews to read and a lot of hot pictures of him. Here is one of my new favorites and my current desktop:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this one just made my heart flutter:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yummy!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, September 15, 2005 , Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Hi Sarah! It's great to see you blogging again. I think the cake is great, BTW, and I knew immediately that it was camo, so there! LOL I just had to tell you that I think about you all the time now, when that GAP commercial comes on that features Jason. DH had just finished saying "I don't know *any* of these people" when they flashed his name (sorry, didn't recognize his face) and I almost shouted "hey, I know *him* because of Sarah!" Okay, maybe you had to be there, but it was funny, and DH was stunned. So, I was able to impress him, and all because of you. :D

 
At 8:21 PM, September 16, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are blogging again! Sounds like life is falling into place. I hate to tell you, but I'd never seen a picture of Jason before. He is a cutie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home