Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Soooo close but not quite...

Today Billy got offered 2 jobs, kind of. He got a couple of calls this morning from some contacts(nothing from his resumes yet). Unfortunately neither are full time permanent or have an guarantees of hours. One place *may* turn into full time but at much less than what he was making. Through the summer they say they could get him about 30 hours which would turn out to be a just a hair more than unemployment. It is also an hour commute both ways so the cost in gas would eat up any extra money over the unemployment check and still not guarantee a permanent job at the end of the summer. He had to say no to both.

No matter how little unemployment is we are at guaranteed to collect it for 21 weeks with a possibility of an extension.

Still it's really hard to turn down a job when you don't have one and you have no money in the bank.....Still we know there are people out there passing his name around so maybe something might still turn up. It's only been a couple of weeks and summer is a slow time in the printing business.

Until then I'm still trying to enjoy having him around the house. He's been getting up with the kids and making breakfast and lunch and the snacks. It's been a nice break from always being the one to do all that kinds of stuff.

We are still kicking around the idea of trying to get me to school. It will take less than 2k for the training to draw blood. The lodge offers a scholarship and we need to check out more closely how it is worded(does it have an age limit and does it have to be for a "college" only). We might be able to get some from there and the Grand Lodge of Michigan would match it. It would be a start.

Dh was also joking that he would love for me to go back to school, get a good job, so he could stay home for awhile. I think he would be a terrific SAHD and I wouldn't mind going back to work for awhile. I've been pretty bored the last couple of years and feeling really out of control of the situation. If I was making the bucks at least I'd be in charge!!

It's a pipe dream though I think even with education under my belt it would be awhile until I could make enough to support the household by myself but I sure could make things a whole lot better!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home