Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

My sympathy to those in London

Like most mornings when I woke up I rolled over and turned on the radio. I was shocked and sadden to hear about the explosions in around the city. How horrible and seeing all the people on the streets brought back painful memories of 9/11. What a horrible way to start to day especially in contrast to the happiness of yesterday with the winning of the 2012 Olympics. Let's hope there were few casualties and few injuries.

Of course now I feel completely frivolous talking about anything else but I wanted to show off my progress on Christmas Flourishes. It's a bit anti-climatic since I showed most of it earlier in the week but I got a bit more done yesterday and some more beads added:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Christmas Flourishes" Designed by Nora Corbett, Copyright Mirabilia designs

Here is a close up on another section of beading:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's funny that the gold beads require so much fudging but now that I've started to add the bluish/greenish beads they are smaller and require very little if any fudging. Ah the fun of Mill Hills!!

The tooth fairy made her first visit to G last night. She gave her usual $2 and a new hot wheels which is normal for the first tooth lost. After that it's just $1 and she was quite pleased to have an entire days notice.

I watched the Season Finale of Dancing with the Stars last night. I've really enjoyed the heck out of the show but I was a little surprised out the outcome. I think Kelly Monaco(sp) did a great job and greatly improved as the show went on but I wasn't sure if she should of won. I think her popularity on the soaps helped and she was the only one of the stars with a "real day job" so I'm sure it was a lot of work for her to try to juggle both. I would of bet anything that John O'Hurley and his partner would of won. I thought he was good but sometimes instead of dancing I felt like he was "acting" like a dancer. All in all it was a fun show to watch and I look forward to see what stars they get for the next time around.

Speaking of reality shows I've started watching the new season of MTV's "Real World". I've watched every season since season 2 and never have I seen a more screwed up cast. I thought that with the Las Vegas season until I saw Frankie on the San Diego season, now I think this is by far the most screwed up bunch EVER. MTV also sucked me into their new show "That 70's house" where they make kids live in a house with only 70's clothes, hair, and technology. One kid was practically in tears at the thought of giving up his cellphone. The final showdown of the night was over a game of Operation. One funny twist is whenever they here the hustle music played over the speakers in the house, no matter what they housemates are doing they have to stop and dance. It was quite amusing. Of course at the moment I'm easily amused!!

1 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, July 08, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

CF looks beautiful.

I missed the finale of Dancing with the Stars, unfortunately. I really enjoyed that show! I thought John O'Hurley would have won, too. I'm sorry he didn't. I know what you mean though, he was seeming a bit like he was merely acting like a dancer, at times. He was so good at it though! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home