Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Unemployment Week 2

I know that this is really a very short amount of time but the past couple of weeks have seemed so incredibly long. With the holiday weekend the want ads were mighty slim looking. Still there was 1 ad that Billy sent his resume off to this morning and he his old boss knows a guy there so he put in a call to him hoping his old boss would put in a good word for him. Hopefully he will hear something about one of his resumes this week. He does have an interview on Thursday and I have hope that it turns out to be good but I'm not "counting" on it. I want him to take the time to find something right. Both of us were too nervous the last time to look around I think and we paid for it. Billy is so much more relaxed and it's nice. I don't want him going back to being a stress bucket and having chest pains. And for the most part all the "big" bills are paid(house, utilities, cable/modem). Billy is starting to make the calls to other creditors today and being honest. I figure most places are willing to work with you a month or two at least. If I could just stop worrying about losing the house but again I think we might have a month or two leeway on that. July is paid for so I just have to once believe that it will all turn out. Now if I could just convince my stomach of that I'd be good(it's in a knot most of the time). At least we are saving money on food for me and I'm kicking my Diet coke addiction. I could drink a 2 liter by myself in a day, or 3-5 cans without even thinking. Now I'm cutting back and drinking a lot more water. I'd like to say I feel better but I don't. I miss my Diet Coke but really that much was not good for me so in the long run it will be good.

We had a really nice weekend. Saturday the weather was the best I've seen. I spent most of the day on the porch, stitching on something small, reading, watching the boys play. Then we hear the most awful, incredibly loud R&B music wafting through the neighborhood. It was so loud my windows rattled. We discovered that a house 2 blocks over and 5 houses down was having a graduation party. We let the music go for awhile but after 4 hours we had really had enough. We were just getting ready to call the police to see if there was anything they could do. I'm not a fuddy duddy and would put up with some noise but I think this was a bit much. Just as Billy picked up the phone one of two things happened: either we went deaf or the police were already there. It was then tuned down to a much more reasonable level. We could still hear it drifting through the backyard but it wasn't so loud that we could make out every word. I'm just thankful they were playing "radio friendly" versions of songs...things like Beyonce, and Mariah. We have some in the neighborhoods that pull in their driveways with radio blaring and some not so nice kid friendly words pouring out of the speakers.

Sunday was the Lodge breakfast. I suspected that we would be short handed and that we would have a low turn out(not just because of the holiday but because the monthly newsletter hasn't gone out because Billy hasn't gotten the info/date/articles from the master). Instead we had more than enough help and were only off about 30 people. We didn't make a profit but only lost a couple of bucks so it wasn't bad.

I ended up hurting my hand quite badly on a cupboard. I was taking some plates out and got my hand caught between them and the edge of the cupboard. My last two fingers on my right hand are very bruised, they swelled up and gave myself quite a scrape on my cuticles. The one on my pinkie finger bled on/off most of the day. I wasn't able to roll out the biscuits but thankfully we had someone who could.

After the breakfast our friend Mary invited us to her house so we could take the kids up to her city's pool. We also threw together a last minute BBQ. Boy did we have fun. The boys played in the pool until their lips were blue and they were chattering. We then pigged out on hot dogs and hamburgers off the grill. Mary spoiled the kids rotten with 3 kinds of cookies and peppermint stick ice cream for dessert. They ran around the yard while we visited and it was nice to hear about her kids as they were growing up and her teaching job. As we were leaving I hugged her and thanked her profusely for the really nice afternoon. I needed it. She said thank you too me. She said that Sunday afternoons are particularly hard for her since her husband died earlier this year so I felt like instead of us leaning on her for the afternoon, we had all leaned on each other. That was a good thing. The boys slept like rocks that night and none of us were up until after 8am. We are becoming slugs!!

G got a bad mosquito bite on his foot and he's having a horrible reaction to it. It's quite swollen and weepy. I've been keeping him barefoot, and cleaning it well with soap, alcohol, and anti-biotic cream. It is looking better but I wish we could have a dr. Look at it. I'm sure it's not serious but I would feel better.

Monday we hung around the house most of the day, had home made pizza for dinner and then hung out with my MIL for awhile. We were thinking of going to some fireworks but rain moved in so we came home and watched the Macy ones on TV. Man, some day I'd like to see them in person.

Billy got up early as he and his brother had to go call on a lodge brother this morning to help them with some financial matters. Every time I think we are in bad shape I hear about someone in worse shape than us.

Keep good thoughts going for Billy. He was very *excited* about the listing he found in the paper yesterday. It's a good company and think he would like to work there. It's also close to home.....


I also got some of the beading done on my project. I had to really fudge this line of beads so it took forever but I think I finally got it to look Ok:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Christmas Flourishes" Designed by Nora Corbett, Copyright Mirabilia Designs

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, July 05, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stitching is beautiful. Glad you had a nice weekend. I hope your DH finds a job he loves very soon. (((hugs)))

 
At 2:12 PM, July 05, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

Great progress pic!

I hear you on the diet coke thing. I drink diet pepsi each day, and without it I feel my day isn't complete. I'm also totally hooked on coffee. Sigh.

Sue

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home