Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Things I learned today:

1. friends are good, good friends are better
2. letting a UTI go a week can be bad and can cause constant burning, spending a lot of time in the bathroom, an upset tummy, and a slight temp.
3. having a UTI means you can take a bubble bath without worrying about getting a UTI
4. raspberry vodka in cranberry juice makes said juice better(yummy)
5. someone I don't know and that I couldn't tell you anything about or their lives, considers me an enemy and someone that bears watching(I'm still scratching my head over that one)
6. my mere prescence on the WORLD wide web is so distrubing to so many
7. in an entire community of over 500 people, not a *single* person likes me
8. there are rules to blogging that I've somehow violated
9. unplugging the phone makes for a less stressful day
10. logging on the computer can bring the stress right back
11. some people can really hold a grudge
12. if you don't invite everyone someplace, the left out people assume you are talking about them
13. saying something a dozen other people told me they thought too makes you self centered
14. talking about *you* in *your* blog makes you even more self centered
15. expressing any feeling in your blog other than complete and utter bliss makes you sniveling
16. people think I have more power than I do
17. the Tv show "Bones" is bad, not going to get better
18.attractive shirtless construction workers are good
19. attractive shirtless construction workers make it hard to get anything done(except stare out the window).
20. today was the first day of Autumn(I love Autumn!!)
21. you should never give up on morning glories, they will bloom, not until the first day of fall but there they were finally
22. a happy husband is good
23. thai food for dinner it good
24. asking for help, and getting it, is good
25. given enough time and patience Donovan can make his numbers/letters the right way
26. insulting your kids and your parenting is not above some
27. most people will assume the worst long before the better
28. having a dream right before you wake up that your favorite pop star gave you a big hug and whispered what a beautiful person you are in your ear before singing your favorite song to you can make a really great way to start the day
29. having a spider attack you in the shower first thing is not a good way to start the day(didn't happen to me)
30. finding a bag of m & m's you forgot about in the cupboard can stop you from bursting into tears
31. organizing something can often cause a bigger mess
32. finding one item that I lost means that 1 other thing will go missing
33. discovering that you own 15 pairs of scissors is good
34. having a good memory associated with every pair is even better(some I got as gifts, others were bought when I with friends)
35. I'm 10 days away from the next michigan stitchers GTG!!
36. kitty hair as it grows back in is kind of scratchy. No wonder my kitty is licking his tummy so much
37. some people can't resist baiting you and when you don't respond they get all confused
38. the weahter on friday is supposed to be nice which is good since we are going to the last Friday night game baseball game of the season(cheap seats) and for fireworks after
39. The family I have is priceless
40. not only can't I spell, but I can't count either.

7 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, September 21, 2005 , Blogger BostonPobble said...

Well, Sarah 527, I stumbled here quite by accident and would say that if you have violated some unwritten blogging code, than so have I and so have all the other bloggers I know. Keep blogging whatever you want. Your blog, your rules. ;)

 
At 5:57 AM, September 22, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Autumn doesn't start until tonight(9/22).

 
At 10:07 AM, September 22, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of the 500 and I *do* like you! (((Sarah)))

 
At 1:14 PM, September 22, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too am one of the 500+ in said community-and frankly I've been wondering quite often why I bother posting there. Hang in there! Seems to me like some of these so called "ladies" need a lesson in how to be nice...because "Nice Matters", after all...:)

 
At 7:15 PM, September 22, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been one of the 500 for a very long time and I have always liked you! In fact I look forward to your posts AND your blog. Imagine that! Mean people suck.

 
At 11:53 AM, September 24, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! Glad you have the courage to stand up to these umm "ladies."

I know there are fantastic women in this community and I regret I will not be able to be friends with them. It is ironic that a handfull of drama queens can make up their little lies and ruin another's reputation before said person ever had a chance. They say what goes around comes around..one can only hope.

 
At 5:38 PM, October 06, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

HI Sarah,
Gosh, I have been offline a lot. I am rather in shock to read this sort of thing.

I'm not a big part of any online community, but I have posted and read stitching boards for three years now.

I like reading your blog, and posts. I don't know you face to face, but I like you!

Like someone else said, "Mean people suck."

Sue (Susan in Socal on the BBs)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home