Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, September 16, 2005

It's Friday!!

TGIF! It's Friday!! Yeah!! It was the first full week of back to school and I'm looking forward to the weekend. As far as weeks went it wasn't too bad. Donovan is adjusting so much better to school this year so it's not such a struggle in the morning to get him off to school. We had a bit of whinnying on Monday but I think that was just after the weekend. I think it helps now having DH home in the morning to help get him to the bus stop.

Speaking of that I have to say it's been a bit of an adjustment having DH home so late in the morning. For the last decade at least he was often out the door long before I woke up or at the very least left as I was getting out of bed. For the most part he was on his own when it came to clothes(usually the first thing he laid his hands on) and food(usually nothing). Now in the morning I find myself making breakfast and laying out clothes for everyone. I like sending him off in the morning knowing that he has had a little something to eat before starting his day. It's been an adjustment though, I'm not much of a morning person, and having to chat took a little getting used to but now I like getting a chance to talk to him before he heads out for the day. The getting home later is taking a bit of getting used too but even that's not so bad.

Gaelan was a little annoyed this morning when he realized that he had to go to school today. Last year he only went to school 4 days a week and Friday was a day off. I don't think he likes the idea of having to go to school today but he'll get used to it.

I'm looking forward to my few hours of silence in the afternoon. The first few days were hard and I wandered around wondering what to do with myself. After a few days though I found a way to enjoy it. Last year I used the time to take a nap. That was when Dh was working his wacky 3am-whenever schedule. He'd go to bed at 9pm and I would be left to my own devices. I found I reverted to my old night owl ways and stayed up late reading or stitching or watching TV. I would often be up past midnight and then up at 6am to get the boys to school. I don't have that problem now and I find it hard to nap so late in the day. I've been using the time to stitch and it' s nice to watch "One Life to Live" completely uninterrupted.

Speaking of TV I'm happy to see the new TV season starting up. Tuesday night was "Gilmore Girls". Luke said Yes!! And I'm glad they resolved the cliffhanger within minutes of the show starting. I really love this show and glad to see new episodes.

After that I checked out the new WB show "Supernatural". I liked it. It wasn't amazing but I can see the potential and I think it could fill out the void left by Angel/Buffy no longer being on the air. The two guys who play brothers aren't too hard on the eyes either...But man, they are young!! I look forward to seeing next week.

I taped the new show Bones. I hear it's not good but with Angel in it I figured it deserved a look. I still have it on tape and really need to watch it.

Last night was the premier of "Survivor". I thought it was Ok. It wasn't the most compelling first episode I've seen. I had heard a lot of buzz before hand so the addition of Stephanie and Bobby Jon was not a surprise to me. And shocking, they voted the oldest person off first ::roll eyes:: I hope it picks up from there.

After that I turned the TV off. I know, I should of watched the president. I have just hit overload on the the whole Katrinia coverage and my blood pressure goes through the roof whenever I hear all the banter back and forth and the finger pointing. It's just reached such an absurd level that I just can't take it anymore. I could probably fill quite a few pages with my musings but I won't. It's a horrible tragedy that has been made all the worse with the politicized of it. The boys school are doing drives to send school supplies and clothing to the kids down in Houston and for the schools there. I've donated some money to that cause and this weekend will help both classes fill backpacks w/school supplies and duffel bags w/clothing.

I hope to post a picture soon my progress on my Mira piece. For awhile there I stopped stiching but have been back out it the last few weeks. I've hit that slow part of the project, the point where you have come so far, but you feel like you have sooo much more to go. DH unplugged the camera from the computer the other day and I have no clue how to plug it back in so it will have to wait until then so I download the picture. I still really love the fabric color I chose but that 32ct hand dyed fabbie is hard on the eyes in the evenings. I've been breaking it up with a small hardanger angel by Emie Bishop. I'm also starting to get all my stitched ornaments together and getting them ready for finishing. I'm trying to be a bit more organized early this time around instead of waiting until a week before Christmas and 20 ornaments to finish.

Maybe next week I'll share the story of how I injured my one remaining kitty......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home