Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Well, I decided what to do about the beads.

After sleeping on it and looking at the piece again in the light of day I've decided to rip out all the beading and go with the Delica beads. I found a site today after doing a google search that had really good pictures of the beads and seemed good price wise so I placed an order for the 4 colors I need. It's going to be less than $9 including shipping. I haven't actually started to pull the beads out yet but I'll do that when the new beads arrive. I've never ordered from this company before so it's a bit of a gamble but hopefully they will have quick service. I had really hoped to finish this piece by Dec. 1 but if I get it done by Christmastime I'll be happy...And I'll be even happier if the beads actually fit and look right.

I also think that is it for me and Mill Hill beads. I hear so many people rave about the Delica's but I've always stuck with the Mill Hill because it's so easy to get them when you buy the pattern. Still if it's going to cause this much frustration it might be worth hunting the Delica's down. It might also be a good time to invest in a Delica Color Card so I can do my own conversions.

I still have plenty of Mill Hill's on hand I will still use them on small projects but next big project(which I think will be Mira's "Christmas Elegance") it will be Delica's from the start!

On the bright side of the bead problems is it gives me a clear conscience to start in on my Mira "Elf Fairy" kit I got yesterday. I did fondle it all for awhile but was going to be good and finish my CF before starting anything new. Since I have to wait for my beads I need something to keep me busy in the meantime. I'm looking forward to getting the kids in bed, taking a hot shower, warm jammies, comfy spot in bed, some Jason on my CD player(I just downloaded a recent concert from this tour, since he's not coming anywhere near me this is a as close as I may get) and stitch the night away. Dh has hockey tonight and won't be home until well after 1am so I should have lots of time to stitch. I might even try to stay up until he gets home......

Today was kind of a lazy day. G woke up super early this morning complaining of an upset tummy. He said he wasn't going to be sick but it hurt. We snuggled for awhile and then I got Dh and Donovan off to school and work. G spent most of the morning on the couch with his blankets and stuffed animals and I kept him home from school. About 2ish he ate some toast and some chicken nuggets and he seems much better now. Still I'm glad I kept him home

Because he was home sick though I won't be able to see the end of my evil plot because today is the day. I'm on pins and needles to see how it is received. A tiny part of me is worried they might be mad but I hope not. I really prayed hard over this. It has turned out better than I could of ever dreamed of. The person is so deserving of it!!

It's going to be a good weekend. Tomorrow I have a bunch of stuff to do, errands, shopping, cleaning and baking. On Sunday the Michigan Stitchers are coming for our annual Ornament finishing party but it sounds like most of us don't have any finishing to do. Instead we will eat, talk, laugh, compare stash, and just have a great time. I'm really looking forward to it. I hope to try to get some of the Christmas decorations up before everyone arrives on Sunday. I was going to do it today but with G home he wanted to snuggle and it's kind of hard to say no. The garlands, wreaths and ornaments can wait, hugs and snuggles can not!

I'm only feeling slightly guilty though about the lodge. Billy's brother Dave is being installed as head of the lodge Saturday night. There is a dinner before hand, the ceremony, and then a little party afterwards. I've been to well over a dozen of these things and it's the same thing over and over again so I stopped going a few years ago. In fact the last time Billy was installed I didn't go and I didn't go last year when it was my ex-BIL turn at it. They are just well, boring, and I know there is no way the kids would sit through it. Still it sounds like everyone is going to be there and my SIL and another lodge wife are cooking the meal(normally a lodge brother who is a chef caters the affair but he's been quite ill this year and not up to the task). I know I *should* help, set up, clean up or something but I am just fed up with the whole lodge thing. This year has been really horrible and I'm sick of all the bitching and not a lot of helping from a lot of people. Everyone then has to come back Sunday morning and put on the breakfast which I am missing also because of my stitching GTG. I know I shouldn't feel guilty, but I'm trying not to. I've done a lot more than a lot of other wives do.......

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, December 02, 2005 , Blogger Autumn said...

Let us know how the evil plot went over!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home