Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I finally made it to the dr's!!

I got a very stern lecture from my dr today for letting my UTI go so long. She wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic but since I let it go so long I have to be on it for 10 days instead of the normal course of 5. I got the standard if I'm not feeling better to come back, if it returns after the antibiotics are gone, to come back, and gave me the standard drink lots of water.

I was in and out relatively quickly and since my MIL didn't have to be anywhere today she let me take the extra time to get the prescription filled on the way home. I was even able to take one early enough in the day that I can take a second one tonight before bed. I should be getting some relief by tomorrow...I hope. At this point I'm super uncomfortable. I had been using an OTC pain reliever called Uri-Stat. She asked if I had taken it and I had. She asked how long I had been taking it. I confessed at least one dose since the pain started(8 days). She was most unhappy. She said you are only supposed to take it for a couple of days, 4 max, so no more for me, I just have to wait until the antibiotics kick in but I'm not sure if I can last that long. They did cut me a deal. Normal charge would of been $70, they charged me $50 and my antibiotic was only $10 so what I thought would be around $100, was a bit less.

I'm peeved by the fact that Dh knows I'm sick, he knows I felt cruddy as heck yesterday, knows I didn't sleep well last night, and what does he do? Goes out for drinks...grr...With her...grr, grr...Again. He just did this a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night. The next day him and the boys went to her office to help her sort out some networking issues. After that they all went to lunch(I was at a GTG and wasn't told this until *after*). I want to be the cool wife and all but it still bugs me, sometimes, no, all the times. I told him how much pain I was in but that was almost 2 hours ago.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, October 06, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

UTIs are so painful. I hope you feel better by now.

As far as being a 'cool wife', I say you have a right to be bugged. That's just my opinion. I know I've expressed it before on the BB in regards to this (I think so, anyway) person your DH and his friends helped with the computer networking. You get an 'A' in patience from me.

If you ever need to vent about it, feel free to EZ message me.

Sue (Susaninsocal)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home