Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

YAY!! My evil plot worked!!

Misty called me last night in tears. She was so touched and I could hear the relief in her voice. Her kids will have a Christmas and get the coats they so desperately need! She is taking them today so her kids will be warm! She wasn't mad. I didn't think she would be but you never know, sometimes when people feel overwhelmed things don't come out the way they intend. It felt really good to start this and to have everyone join in and help. I'd like to take the time to thank Autumn and Annette for passing the letter around to everyone. I was so afraid that Misty would find out but thanks to their help the letter got to the right people and it was a complete surprise to her. I'd also like to thank those of you who helped. I shouldn't of been surprised but I was overwhelmed by the well wishes and the support we were able to get for Misty.

Now let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope that 2006 is an awesome year for Misty and her family. They have had a long enough string of bad luck so I'm praying the new year is their best yet.

I'm also happy to report I got my Christmas stuff out. The house definitely looks festive for my Christmas party on Sunday. I loved taking out all the hand made ornaments, some I made, some I was given, and hanging them up. I especially loved setting up my little "snowman" village and I could get out all my snowman stuff and put it all together.

Last night went just as I planned. I got to stitch for a good 3 solid hours and make a good start on Mira's "Fairy Elf". I got to plop myself in the middle of the bed, use all the pillows and had a great time just stitching the night away. Maybe hockey night isn't so bad....

I still have a bunch of stuff to do today, cleaning mostly, some small amount of shopping(DH talked me into putting grocery shopping off a day or two since we do have food in the house. I hate that chore so it didn't take much convincing me) I also have to get to the library. My books were due on Monday but it's just so hard to get there before they close with Dh's work schedule.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, December 07, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your 'evil plot' worked out. How wonderful indeed!

SusaninSocal

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home