Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The new furnance it nice!!

The furnance guy was here on Saturday, right on time. He had thought it could take 4 hours or more but he was done in a little over 3 hours. The new furnance looks nice, he seemed to do a good job, and even did a good job cleaning up.

I'm amazed at what a difference it is. I had hoped to be able to keep things warmer with a more efficient furnance but it doesn't look like I will have too. First I'm used to chilly. We've kept it that way all winter so even the few times we upped the thermostat it felt a bit too warm. And second even at the lower temps it "feels" much warmer than the old one.

There are two downsides. First is our furnance room is no longer the warmest room in the house. I used to love to go in there in the winter and poke around my craft stuff. It was warm. It is now one of the coldest since there are no vents in there. Ornament finishing at Christmas time will be interesting.

The new furnance is also loud. As loud as our old one but loud in a different way. The old furnance definitely didn't sound good and rattled a lot. The new one doesn't rattle but whooshes, loudly, and forcefully and not at all quietly. I'm wondering if I'm being overly sensitive to it because it's a new sound and in time it will fade in the background but now it seems like it is all I can hear. Sunday morning it woke me up when it kicked on at 6am to warm things up.

As predicted we are getting a warm spell now. I'm not complaining but I joked that once the new furnance got put in, it would be spring and I may be right. It will hit 60 by Saturday! I'm sure it will chill back down again but it's funny that my prediction might be coming true.

It was an OK weekend. Friday night DH had hockey practice. He left around 9pm, came in around midnight. Even though he tried not to wake me, he always does, and I'm still not used to sleeping alone as much as I have been lately.

Saturday I worked on Laundry while the furnance guy was here. In the afternoon after he left, Dh went with his friend Scott for a couple of hours. Scott had just got a new car and wanted to "show it off" some so they went for a drive. After that was dinner, some family time, then the boys went to bed. Dh left at about 9:15pm for the hockey game(enough said).

Sunday was the lodge breakfast and like I said I went, they had more than enough people so I got the set up done and then came home. I took a long nap since I was tired from being up so late Saturday night. I watched some TV, stitched and got everything set for the week.

I didn't get my stitching stuff organized like I had planned. I did move it, maybe when I move it back I'll reorganize it. I did stitch a lot of Forest Goddess over the weekend but had to frog everything I did and then some. I found a big mistake in it and there was no way to fudge it, without shortening her by about 10 rows.

I did work on my ornament some yesterday. Still not done but still plugging along on it. I also worked on the RR piece, not quite done, almost though. I hope to finish it today...That is if my headache goes away. I woke up with it and it's just continued to throb as the day has progressed. I may just rest for awhile this afternoon while the boys are in school. I don't have to have the RR done until the 18th when we have another GTG and do our exchanges then. I think the GTG is going to be at my house this time and we are going to use the time to finish some ornaments. I will have 3 done plus the two I stitched for the boys late last year so that will be fun to get them done and ready for Christmas.

Tonight is lodge night which means DH may or may not be home after work. If he gets out of there early enough he'll be home for an hour or so. If not then he'll head straight to lodge. Ever since his brother joined the nights are getting later and later. Most of the time he'd be home by 10, now it's more like 11:30-midnight but he's the one that's got to get up and go to work the next day. Tomorrow is Hockey practice, Thursday is the weekly meeting he has with his boss so it will be another night he won't be home until at least 8pm, and then hockey again on Saturday. Must be nice to have a life and someone at home to smooth the way for you.....In my next life I want to have a wife of my own!

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, March 07, 2006 , Blogger Jill in CA said...

(((Sarah))) I hear you on "wanting a wife of my own" in my "next life"! Granted my complaints are different, and really not as bad, but yesterday when I came home at lunch and all DH had done was watch TV and hang out when I work my butt off 5 days a week at work and then the other 2 at home, it's extremely annoying. I think they just don't "get" it!!

Congrats on the new furnace; I'm sure the noise will blend into the background eventually. I'm sorry you had to frog so much on Forest Goddess; I'm looking forward to your next wip pic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home