Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Another cold sore

My body continues to send me messages that I really need to stop worrying so much and *relax*. I woke up yesterday with a little tingle on my lip and by bedtime it was a full blown cold sore. At least this time it's on my bottom lip instead of my top one so it's different. This will be my third one in just a couple of months. I'm prone to them, but I've never had this many in a row. Throw in the UTI's that I've had in the last 6mths(again I'm prone to them but never had this many, in such a short amount of time) and I think my body is telling me something. I'm trying to chill, I really am, but sometimes it's really hard.

With every back on schedule I've gotten back in my normal routine, which means more stitching. For some reason I don't like to stitch when both boys are around or when Dh is home. No one would mind, but I feel like if we are all here and at home, we should be doing things together. Last week while they were on spring break I worked on cleaning out some closets and drawers and also got some summer stuff out(which is why we had a frosty night last night, I have the shorts out, ready to wear, so it gets cold). I stitched for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. I finished off another color on Forest Goddess's cape. There is a lot of green in there and I'm almost done with them all. Just a couple more colors but they are more of highlights and shadings so hopefully they will move quickly.

I've also been watching way too much TV lately. Of course all the shows are new and building up to the season finales. Last night was Gilmore Girls. I discovered this show last year in reruns and have been hooked ever since. I was sad to read the other day that the shows creator and writer/producer were leaving. I wondered what it would mean for the so called "last" season of the show next year. Upon further reflection I wasn't so sad. I'm not thrilled with the way the show is progressing this year. I like Luke and Lorelai together and I don't like how they "inserted" his long lost daughter or how he handled it. I don't like Rory with Logan, especially with as badly as he treats her. Rory is *smart* and I don't think she would/should continue with him. Maybe a fresh eye and fresh writers can wrap things up nicely next year. We shall see.

I also watched "House" last night. Again I'm pretty new to this show because I used to watch Supernatural after GG but they moved that show to Thursday. On one hand I like House, the characters are interesting, they exchanges are funny but the cases in between there kind of boring. You know it's never going to be the 1st thing they test for or the 20th, it's always going to be discovered in the last 5 minutes and a lot of the times I wish they would just cut to the chase. Given the choices on Tuesday though, it's not bad. I can't help wondering about all the tests they can do on the human body and all the different diseases there are out there or all the things that can go wrong. It also makes you wonder about real life, and how much of real medicine and doctors are just guessing. Kind of scary and mind boggling at the same time.

It's going to be a light week around here. The arena that DH plays hockey at also has a semi-pro team, The Mechanics, that play there. The Mechanics have made it into the play offs so they have had to move and shuffle the amateur league games around. DH won't have clinic on Friday or a game on Saturday. Nest week though they will be back to the normal routine. Still they have only 2 regular games until play offs for them so the season is almost done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home