Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Monday, April 03, 2006

More Illness

Man, after doing so well most of the winter we can't seem to shake the illness bug. Over the weekend Dh got whatever stomach bug G and I had. He got sick right after coming home from the hockey clinic and spent most of the night in the bathroom. I took the boys out of the house Saturday morning so he could rest as early as it was possible. We went to breakfast, went grocery shopping, and ran a couple of other errands. Thankfully by the time we got home he was feeling better. So far ::knock wood:: Donovan seems to be the only one to escape the stomach bug.

The rest of the weekend was only so-so. I had hoped to escape the house for a little while on Sunday. I was going to treat myself to a movie, maybe some lunch, a new book or just browse. Instead we got haircuts for DH and for Donovan, both really needed them, but not what I wanted to do.

Dh and the boys went down to the lodge for the breakfast. Dh was tired as heck from being up all night Friday with the stomach bug, then skating in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday/Sunday and he got home just as the clock jumped ahead from 2am to 3am but he went down there. I guess they were swamped and he worked his butt off. I stayed home, did lots of laundry, watched TV, stitched and took a nap. I think I had a better time :D

Then this morning we all overslept(hate daylight savings time) and when G got up it was obvious he was stuffed up. It got worse as the morning progressed so we trooped off to CVS for some decongestants. It didn't help a lot but I felt like I had done something for him. By lunch time it was obvious he was off a little so I kept him home from school. He took a nap on the couch and he seems loads better. I think it's just a cold and I can feel that tickle in the back of my throat saying I"m next.

I spent the day tending to him and trying to get my house cleaned. Not that it was flithy or anything but I had to clean the bathroom, dust, vacuum, etc. Because Dh is having someone over tonight to work on a job with. There is "family" clean and "company" clean in my book. The only thing I didn't get to was to get the floors mopped but oh well, I'll do that tomorrow but I got just about everything else done. I think it looks good enough.

The only other thing is I had high hopes of at least *1* of our cars gone by the end of the weekend. Of course that didn't happen and as time passes it gets more frustrating. First the guy wanted to nickel and dime us and now he wants to pay us over time. I told Dh we would have better luck selling to a stranger but he wants to help this guy out....


Since it's now the beginning of April I thought I would review my March goals:

Finish model for Misty(2/3 done) Done, and mailed back to her

Finish the RR piece for Wendy(at the 1/2 way point) Done and mailed do the next person in the RR

Finish Feb's ornament(about 3/4 done) Done but it took forever!!!

Start and finish March's ornament (I haven't even thought about it, something small)Done

Make Forest Goddess my focus piece (means she gets at least an hour a days worth of stitching)Done and I'm having such fun working on this

Start Lavender Myst by Lesa Steele 3rd week of March for the SAL with the Michigan stitchers (since I finished my PAD and don't have any others ready to go we are altering it to include band samplers. I've had this kitted in my stash for at least 2 years, if not more)Not done, the middle to the end of March was a little bumpy so for my sake I decided to do away with my goals and just stitch on what I wanted to, which was mostly FG

Have more fun, worry less!!(my one and only New Years resolution which I failed miserably at during Feb but I'll get back on track in March) I failed at this one again this month, though it had it's moments, still I *have* to learn to let more go, relax more, not let people who are obviously idiots get to me, still some are harder to ignore than others.

On the bright side I already started and mostly completed my ornament for April. I will pick up the SAL the third week in April because by then I think I will need a break from FG. Tomorrow I promise some pictures!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home