Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Spring Break!!

My boys are off on spring break this week. Thankfully the weather has been nice and they have been getting out to play an awful lot. The Easter Bunny was smart and brought them a basketball and a soccer ball so they have things to keep them entertained while they are out there. Later today we are going to my MIL house who will have my 3 nephews there for the day so all the kids can play together.

The weekend was good. We met with the professional early Saturday afternoon. It wasn't so terrible. He's a nice guy and walked us through the steps of what we need to do. I'm just thankful we have options but it still not something we really want to do but frankly, we are out of options I'm not sure how many people could survive a 20% cut in pay, really. Even with a bigger emergency fund, it only would of kept us going a little longer.

I had something to look forward to so it made the appointment a bit easier. Dh's hockey game on Saturday night was a relatively early one, 9:25pm, and with the boys on spring break we all went. All I can say is WOW!! His skating has really come a long way. They looked and sounded like a real hockey team. They ended in a 4-4 tie but it was a pretty exciting game. The boys had a blast too.

Sunday we went to my MIL's house for dinner. We had a turkey with all the trimmings and boy was it yummy. It was nice to see my SIL who I don't see often because she lives so far away. That's going to change to because she just bought a house about a 2 blocks from my MIL. I'm looking forward to having her closer and we will probably go and help with the move on Wednesday and Thursday.

All in all things aren't great, but they are doing better, and I'm looking forward to hopefully by summer to be in a better place. Until then, I'm trying to not worry so much, relax more, and just take things as they come. I'm not always successful, like this morning I was awake at 5am, but I'm getting there. Talking to the professional did make it somewhat better and made it a lot less personal. Dh keeps reminding me to most everyone else these are just numbers on a page, it's only really "personal" to us. I just have to remember what it was like this time last year with DH having chest pains, working all those weird hours, and really unhappy. We may be worse financially but in some ways we are a whole lot happier and I'm trying to stay focused on that.

I'm also happy that we are all over the Pink Eye and we all did the last of our eye drops last night. Hopefully we won't get that again cause that was a pain!

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, April 21, 2006 , Blogger Suzanne said...

no updates so I'm hoping ya'll have having a great spring break! SuzinVA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home