Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Two more sleep, I'm so excited!!!

The other day was my anniversary. The boys were asking questions about our wedding and what we wore etc. I went on a hunt for our wedding pictures, which instead of being in an album, are stuffed in a box somewhere. Where the box was I wasn't sure. I finally found them in the laundry room, in a box, and mixed in were lots of other pictures, like vacations, visits with family and the like. In the box was also kitten pictures of Ty, Gwen and Meepers. As I went through them I was flooded with memories of adopting them, bringing them home, and what joys they were to our lives. I had forgotten how much they liked to play. Ty used to play fetch, sometimes at 2am, Gwen loved to stalk pens and knocked them off of every flat surface, and Meepers, well, he was just a nut. I remembered why we got cats in the first place, and I was filled with the need for another, so Friday night, we took my MIL and SIL up on their offer and adopted a kitty.

I had seen one I liked on the Humane Society website but she had been adopted earlier in the day so we went to the room with all the cats. Oh my, talk about over load. There were so many of them, and all of them adorable. None really spoke to me. Dh was kind of eyeing a little fluff ball that was grey but she was really loud and insistent. The kids really liked this black and white kitty but the form said they play rough and would be placed with families with older and teen kids. I thought we were going to walk away empty handed. Instead they sent us to the puppy room, where they said they had a couple more cats/kittens for adoption.

When we walked in the kids were immediately drawn to the puppies and I looked around for the cats because I couldn't see them right away. Over in the corner of the room was another cage. I bent down, and out came this little white calico kitty. She just came right over to the cage, looked at me, meowed in the most polite of ways and that was it, I was hooked. She had the most beautiful eyes, and the most unusual coloring. She was mostly white, but with spots of orange, grey, and black and her name is currently Pumpkin, which I can see because of her colors.

The worker got her out of the cage but it wasn't really required. I knew she was ours. She was very loving, liked to sit on your lap, wasn't the least bit scared of the kids, and purred the whole time we were there. We filled out the forms, found out that she had been a stray, treated for fleas and ear mites(just like my Meepers was), and had yet to be spayed. We paid our fee and got a tag to bring home. She will be fixed over the weekend and we will pick her up Monday evening. Talk about delayed gratification......a tag isn't what we were expecting to bring home!!!

We are all currently debating names for her. I know we have to "know" her awhile before we can really decide but for some reason Dh is calling her Ace. He said we can name her whatever we want but she's Ace to him so maybe that will be it. Other names currently under consideration are Aster, Nora, Tiny Bubbles(G's selection), or Pixie. I just can't wait to get her home but Dh and I were kind of afraid today of losing her in the house. She is a mere 10 weeks old and only weighs 2.2lbs so she is TINY. I don't think any of our other cats were ever that little.

So two more sleeps and she will be home and then I can bore everyone with endless pictures of her!

3 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, August 20, 2006 , Blogger Karoline said...

Congratulations on your new furbaby, she's sounds adorable

 
At 12:33 PM, August 20, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

Congratulations ! Can't wait to see a pic of her. I think Bubbles or Pixie sound perfect! Ace, not so much....that is a BOY name and she's a cute little girl!! :-))

Lori

 
At 6:39 AM, August 21, 2006 , Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

I can't *wait* to be bored silly with pictures! LOL Congratulations again, Sarah. Enjoy her!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home