Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Clean bill of health!

G was back to the dr's today for one more re-check. Honestly, if it had been my foot, I wouldn't of gone back, but since it was G's we went. We were there for all of 3 minutes because all she did was look at it, feel it, and that was it. She pronounced it completely infection free. My only concern is the vein that was infected is still red and visible but she assured me it would take some time to go back to normal, since it was pretty infected and the fact that it's nice and "soft" now means it's mending. The best part, she didn't charge me for today!! Yay!!

G already has another bug bite even though I coated him with bug spray yesterday. The bug found a little spot between he top of his shoes and his sock. We gave him some benedryl last night and again this morning as well as iced it last night. So far it's hardly reacting like normal and looks like a bug bite I would get. I'm going to fret over each bite now until he is an adult(and then some) so I better get used to it.

Steph left for her vacation last night. She will be gone through next weekend. DH was going to try to take some time off but they are putting in a new system and another person will be out so us getting away is unlikely. He has 4 vacation days coming and I"m hoping to convince him to take at least one or two somewhere along the way...

It's time to start planning D's birthday. Dh and I decided to get him a new bike. His is in only so-so shape and will last the rest of the summer but he could use a new one and I'm thinking that this time of year we might be able to find a good price on one. I also have to start thinking about a party etc. but I have some time since the party won't be until September 9th.

I'm still missing Meepers something awful and find myself breaking down throughout the day. Poor DH just doesn't know how to handle grief so I've been pretty much on my own. If anything Steph has been a lot more supportive than DH. It's put me in a bit of a funk that I'm trying to shake but it's been hard to do. This time of year is especially hard since we are heading towards the anniversary of my moms death so I'm normally a little down and we are heading towards back to school time where both boys will be in school all day. I know I'm supposed to be jumping for joy over that but I really love having them home and am not looking forward to the school year. I'm hoping the mood will lift soon because I haven'' felt this down in awhile, I don't like it and it's seems hard to shake.

3 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, August 04, 2006 , Blogger Jill in CA said...

I'm so glad that G's foot is better!!! I would have been so scared to see a reaction like that. I hope that it was a freak event and doesn't happen again. Here are some (((hugs))) for you as you mourn Meepers. I'm thinking about you...

 
At 6:57 AM, August 05, 2006 , Blogger Suzanne said...

Been out of town, so I missed the excitement! Glad G is doing better! WOW.

((HUGS)) to you and hope you think about the idea of another dog or cat - may be just what you need to boost your spirits.
Suz

 
At 12:39 PM, August 06, 2006 , Blogger Karoline said...

{{{{Sarah}}}} I'm sorry to hear about Meepers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home