Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Meepers is gone.....

Dh came home, took a good look at Meepers tummy, looked really closely at the wound that he had licked open today and just gave me a look. I knew what he was thinking. I tried talking with DH about it, telling I'd do a better job covering it and in a couple of days it would look better etc. but I knew it wasn't the truth. Oh sure, that spot might get better, but over all the underlaying cause wouldn't. There would be more lumps, or the ones he had would get more painful for him so I let DH take him to the vets. I told him there was no way I could go with him, I know thats horrible, but I couldn't, I just couldn't. Steph offered to stay here with me if I wanted or to go with DH. Even though I desperately wanted someone here with me, I asked if she would mind going with DH, so she did. I'm glad he had a friend there with him. I'm left here to try to explain things to the kids. They didn't quite understand so much with Ty and not really with Gwen, but they really know now and have a billion questions that are hard to answer.

When DH gets home I'm going to wallow. I've been really brave this afternoon in front of the kids. I didn't cry in front of them and have tried to hold it together. When DH gets home, I'm taking a cold shower(cause it's still hotter than heck and humid as heck here in Michigan) and then I'm going to bed for a really long, hard cry.

We are now a cat free house. I don't think I can ever have another pet again. This is just too hard.....

4 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, July 27, 2006 , Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

I'm truly so very sorry Sarah. {{{hugs}}} to you and your whole family. ::sniff::

 
At 4:00 AM, July 28, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

I'm so sorry Sarah
{{hugs to you}}
Lori

 
At 6:12 AM, July 28, 2006 , Blogger Suzanne said...

((((hugs)))) I am so sorry Suz

 
At 11:15 AM, July 28, 2006 , Blogger Jill in CA said...

(((Sarah))) I am so sorry; even knowing it's the right decision doesn't make it any easier, I know. I'm always here for you if you need an ear or a virtual shoulder...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home