Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Another trip to the dr's...

G is a mosquito magnet. He used to get them alot, where as D hardly ever gets them. A couple of summers ago I noticed that G was having a not so great reaction to them. He got one on his face and his poor face swelled up, not horribly bad, but enough. I think it might of been the combination of his body's reaction and itching them with not always the cleanest of hands. After that we tried to keep him covered with bug repellent but last summer he got one on the top of his foot. Again it swelled up, looked weepy for a couple of days, he couldn't wear shoes, but it went down.

He had a very restless night last night. I heard him thrashing about a bit in his bed. This morning he comes in and wakes us up telling me his foot really, really, really itches. I take a look and sure enough it's a bug bite, on the top of his foot. Not only is the top of his foot swollen but it's swollen all the way to his toes and now well past the ankle. Now he normally reacts badly, but this is the worse I've seen it. Since it's a Saturday morning and I don't want to risk letting it go and having it turn badly in the middle of hte night or on a Sunday when our only option is the ER, we gave a dr's office a call. It was funny, she said they have had several calls in the last week with these kinds of reactions. We leave in a few mintues.

In a way I'm kind of relieved for this kind of distraction. It will take my mind off of my grief(well, kind of) and we had planned to go to a Pet-a-Palooza at a local park. We decided to go to this about 2wks ago with the idea of looking to get another dog(or cat) and it was a fun, cheap, thing for the kids to do. After Thursday though the idea of looking at anything little, cute or furry is not high on my list of things to do.

The dinner last night went Ok. I felt really off so I'm not sure if I made that good of an impression. I was also the only person there not in the printing field so a lot fo the conversation went way over my head. I ended up wearing a pair of jean capri's, a lightwieght green sleeveless top, and I pulled my hair back. I don't think I looked my best but I did make the effort with a touch of make up and all.

The food was excellent, beef tenderloin, with lots of spots that were rare like I like it, and home made apple and cherry pie w/ice cream for dessert. Hey Suz, I got served your Aisan Cole Slaw!! It was slightly different in that she made her own dressing out of vinegar and soy sauce and used different nuts but it was basically the same, and yummy!!

It was nice to put names with faces and they said it was nice to finally meet Dh's famous wife. The one co-worker said Dh always talks about me and has nice things to say. They also had 3 goregous beagles that were just loving as could they could be. One named Spot, took a liking to me and slept at my feet most of the night. When the conversation moved to printing, I was able to give the dog a pat or two. He had the softest ears.
I came home, and went straight to bed. I was really exhuasted. I didn't sleep soundly but at least I slept some.

So we are off to the dr's and lets hope it's nothing more serious than a bad reaction but I would rather be safe, with an office visit for $40, then an ER visit later that may cost thousands!

The house is really empty though this morning and I started to cry when I made the grocery list and realized I didn't need cat food, or litter. Ty and Gwen(our other two kitties) have been gone awhile(Ty a couple of years, Gwen since the fall) and while I missed them I find myself missing them more as I miss Meepers too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home