Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Picture day!

Not much is going on so not a lot to talk about so I thought I'd post some pictures today.

Here are some of Isis:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She just makes herself comfortable where ever she wants!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She loves the sun!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some recent stitching pictures:

One of these will go on a box top for my MIL, the other will be finished like an ornament for my SIL. There is one more in the series that I want to do before I decide which one will go for which. The one on the right doesn't seem "big" enough on the box but the other one kind of reminds me of a Totem pole, not a Celtic cross. The colors are really vibrant in them. They are both done on 32 count platinum evenweave.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Designed by Mike Vickery, Copyright Mike Vickery

This was an attempt to make an ornament that doesn't scream Christmas for the boys teacher. I'm not sure if I like it. I love these hardanger ornaments but I fear I've done all the ones by her that I liked and wish she would design some new ones!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Designed by Lynn Hermanson, Copyright Hermanson Hardanger

This is for me:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Designed by Nora Corbett, Copyright Mirabilia Designs, you can find a copy for free on her website

It's being done on a mystery piece of 32 count linen. It's a good thing I planned it for me because it's not centered well. I'm not sure if I screwed up or if the centering lines are off on the pattern. I have barely 1/2" on one side and almost an inch on the other side. I should be able to finish it even with such a tiny margin. I may have to use quilt batting instead of foam but that will be OK. I was too far into it when I realized the mistake so I'm just going to go ahead and finish it. I had originally intended to leave the background off of this one but I saw a couple of finished pieces, one without the background, one with, and I have to say I liked it better with the background. She carries a candle in her hand and I like the "glow" around it and how it contrasts with the background. It's boring to stitch which is why I'm doing it first. I also plan on replacing the DMC metallic with Krienik #4 braid.

Things are going pretty good here. G has a nasty cough. It doesn't seem to be getting better, but not getting worse, and he doesn't seem to be sick. I think it's the weather. It's been really warm and humid here and I'm hoping when the weather changes it might get better. I've been dosing him with Robatussin in hopes of breaking up the congestion and help move it through.


D has a nasty cold sore on his bottom lip. It started out tiny and has really grown in size. It almost looks like a comma on his lower lip. It would heal if he would leave it alone but he is always chewing on it or rubbing it with his shirt. I feel his pain but he has to leave it alone for it to go away. Last night he let me clean it out with some peroxide and it looked better this morning.

Last night was lodge and a typically long night. They are practicing for installation of officers on Saturday so they had a lot to go over. The boys and I watched "Charlie Brown Christmas" together and then they went to bed. S got home right after that and her and I got a chance to hang out. It was the first chance I had to spend some alone time with her since her coming back from Florida and it was nice to just chat with her again. She has become such a great friend and I have so much funwith her. We were going to try to stay up and wait for DH because we had discussed earlier in the day via e-mail playing some Scrabble but S was just beat. She has been really busy since she got home and really needed the sleep.

I tried a new dinner last night. I've been browsing the Betty Crocker site trying to find new things to cook and ran across a recipe for pasta and meatballs. It was basically 1 cup of water, a jar of pre-made spaghetti sauce, 20 frozen meatballs, and 1 1/2 cups of elbow macaroni. It was pretty good, at least DH and I liked it, the boys not so much. Of course they don't like a lot of things. IF I were to make it again I would use a little less macaroni because it was kind of dry but other than that it was good. I think a lot depends on the quality of the meatballs and the sauce.


1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, November 29, 2006 , Blogger Terri said...

I love the picture of Isis with her legs crossed. She just looks so out of it and comfy! Great progress on the stitching :) Happy Holidays.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home