Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Monday!!

I think they should do away with Mother's Day. It's too much pressure all the way around. It's a lot like Valentines Day. You feel in a way you have to measure your self worth and how much you are loved by what kind of gifts you receive. It's not a good way to measure it. I'm also sure there were plenty of husbands and wives that had to spend part of their day with in-laws they would rather not be around.

My day wasn't horrible by any means. Sure, I didn't get to sleep in but I did get my nap. We did spend some time at my MIL house who I like but my SIL, her boyfriend and kids were there. A few years ago this would of been a great way to spend an afternoon. In the last few months things have become really strained. It's obvious from my MIL point of view her daughter can do no wrong. Making conversation with her slacker boyfriend is painful as well. I don't get what she sees in him. It also feels a lot of the time like Billy and I are intruding in something since they are there so much of the time.

Then there was a my neice with her ever present boyfriend. It's like they are joined at the hip and can't be apart. Why wasn't he at home with is mom? It boggles my mind that both my SIL and ex-BIL allow this. I think there is such a thing as "family" time and "social" time.

I did decide to take it easy after seeing my MIL. I let Billy make dinner(all he had to do is heat up some spaghetti sauce). He also had to make cupcakes with G for a bake sale his preschool is doing to raise money to adopt an animal at the zoo. I went to bed...I didn't sleep but did finally get my wish to stitch a little, read a little and go to sleep early. If I knew what I was going to face in my kitchen this morning I may not of done that. It was completely trashed. It took me a good 10 minutes to just clear a spot on the counter to make Donovan's breakfast and pack his lunch. After I get G to school I suspect I face a good hour of clean-up to set it to rights. Where did all the dishes come from? I know there were a few and there was just the 3 of them for dinner so really where did they come from? There was also cake batter and frosting all over the place.

And the cupcakes. How hard is it to put a piece of foil over the pans? Dh neglected this little chore and the cupcakes are a little hard this morning. I will accept some of the blame since I didn't *tell* him to cover them but I thought that was a given. I will just have to take them as is since I have neither the time nor money in the bank to make more(and I could go on and on about the bank issue but I won't. It will make me too angry so I will skip that). Then there was the laundry that never made it in the dryer but thankfully I got up early enough that I was able to dry 2 pairs of pants so the boys had pants for school. I wonder how many other moms woke up to something similar in their houses this morning? Next year on Mother's Day I'm just going to treat it like a regular day so I don't have to spend all of the next day doing what I normally do plus clean up from the day before.

I'm also feeling a bit tired this morning which is why this all bugged me more than it would normally. Last night the neighbor's had a HUGE fight. There was yelling, screaming, crying, banging, and from the sounds of things some throwing of stuff as well. They began fighting about midnight and continued for a good 30 minutes before the cops arrived(I had the phone in hand to call myself). It broke up pretty easily but I had a hard time going back to sleep. I laid there for a good 90 mins listening to a book on tape before I could go back to sleep. Thankfully the kids slept through it as did Dh.

Today the weather is going to be gorgeous, 80ish, sunny with a slight chance of rain. I hope to get a chance to enjoy some of the day outside, watching the kids play.

Countdown to Jason concert: 30 days!!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, May 09, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a ton of housework today today! Happy Monday!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home