Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Last Morning Alone!!

Today is G's last day of school which means it's my last morning where I will have almost 3 hours to myself. Part of me is looking forward to not having to take him to school. The car situation is really starting to be a drag and not having to worry 4 days every week about how everyone is going to get everywhere will be nice. I also will love having him home with me all day again. I miss the little guy when he's gone. And honestly of my two boys he is the easiest. He is very good and playing/entertaining himself.

On the other hand there will be certain times I will miss having the alone time. No more morning trips to the grocery store alone, no more trips to the library alone(unless I go in the evening but it's pretty busy then with kids), and no more morning naps. I love naps!! I always have and a few times being able to come home after dropping him off, catching an extra hour or so has been heavenly, especially this past Jan/Feb when we were all so sick. If I hadn't had that morning nap I don't know if I could of kept moving.

G is also looking forward to school being over. I've asked him if he will miss his friends at school or his teachers and he says NO....No hesitating, no thinking, just no!

I think he this year has been good for him. He has had fun(though he may not admit). He has also learned so much. He can now write his name, can pretty much count to 100 with some coaching(mainly in the teens, and going from say 39 to 40). He is also very interested in numbers and doing math. I think he may have an aptitude for it. He has also grown a lot emotionally and uses his "words" to express his feelings, instead of just hitting. Those are things I've tried to teach at home but he grasped better in a school setting. He has also developed a love for art(he still likes to look at the pictures from the 16 church :D) I had initially been disappointed that I couldn't send G to a private school like Donovan for the same program but I have to say I think that G's program may of been better than one we paid for.

They are having a party this morning so I'm going to get some fresh bagels this morning after taking Donovan to the bus. After that dropping G off at school I'm coming home and taking my last nap until September!!!

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, May 26, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

Hope you enjoy the party.

That's great that school ends so early there. We have another 19 days of school left!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home