Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Some stitching pictures this morning.

Here is the first progress picture on my new project, "Christmas Flourishes"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Designed by Nora Corbett, Copyright Mirabilia Designs

I'm stitching it on 32 ct. "Sapphire Sky" hand dyed Lugana from Silkweavers. It doesn't look like much at this point but it's fun to stitch on. The fabric is a beautiful blue!!

This is an older Mirabilia project I just recently pulled out. It's called "Fairy Tales":

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
designed by Nora Corbett, Copyright Mirabilia Designs

It's stitched on 32 count Blue Wing lugana.

I hope to finish one or both this year!!

I did watch the Rob and Amber wedding last night. I really enjoyed it. Man, did he look smoking hot!!! She looked gorgeous in her dress and most importantly they looked really happy and in love. How amazing to have a wedding like that. It just might be worth giving up a little "privacy" to be able to pull something like that off. I must confess to getting a little choked up during the vows, of course I always do when I see/hear a wedding. It's such a leap of faith and on that day most people are so in love. I love the where the minister(or JP) that married them talked about looking at their hands and know that they were going to be the hands that will hold your children and hold you when you are are old :sniff, sniff:

DH was home last night since he didn't have a lodge meeting. He was such a great guy and "watched" with me. He even threw in a word or two here and there to make it seem like he was paying attention. For the most part he was playing online and chatting with his brother via ICQ but I appreciated his effort.

I did indeed stitch the morning away yesterday but did get some more spring cleaning done. I'm taking it room by room and slowly. I got the dining room cleaned from top to bottom. I even took apart the ceiling fan and washed all that. I have a lovely built in glass display case in there as well and I took all my knick knacks out, dusted, rearranged them, and put them back. I love that little display case. In it I have tea cups that belonged to my Great Grandmother, My Grandmother, My mom, and to me. I also have a tea pot my beloved Great Aunt made during her pottery days in the 70's. They are nice reminders of the people I've lost and I love having them where I can see them everyday.

Today I'm working on our room. I've already got some stuff moved to the basement and to the attic. I'm soaking our mini blinds right now and will give the windows a good washing after I drop G off at school. I should really clean out the closet but I don't think I'm so inclined today. Tomorrow I will tackle the kitchen and bathroom.

Tonight baseball starts for the boys. We signed them both up and of course they both play on different fields at the same time. Dh and I will have to split up. I'll take G tonight, he'll take Donovan, and next week we will switch. G will be doing T-Ball and Donovan will be playing Coach Pitch softball. Thankfully today will be a tad warmer than yesterday.




2 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, May 25, 2005 , Blogger Autumn said...

I love Christmas Flourishes. I intend to stitch that one day myself. I'm thinking about doing it on Silkweaver's Sterling Silver. I watched Rob and Amber's Wedding too. Maybe it's PMS, but I was all teary eyed through most of the second half. When Rob cried over his painting that was so sweet. I couldn't believe his shopping trip to the furniture store. It must be nice to have that kind of money! I was rather surprised at the modesty of their house. It didn't look to be much bigger than mine, but maybe that's smart so they can save their money and not have to work or anything.

 
At 7:27 AM, May 25, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got a lot accomplished yesterday Sarah! And still managed to get so much stitching in on your new project too. I wish I had your energy. If I get a day off all I do is sit and watch movies or nap.

I love your fabric choice too. Bring it to the GTG to show off?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home