Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Monday, May 23, 2005

A good weekend!!

It's Monay!! only 3 more days of school for G, only 14 days of school for Donovan(not counting weekends, holidays) and 16 days to my concert!! Lots to look forward to.

On Saturday the weather was GLORIOUS!! It was sunny, breezy, 72, hardly in clouds in the sky, a picture perfect day. We spent the day at the Selfridge Air Show. We got there early and got to see lots of planes and military vehicles. The boys had a blast getting in and out of them all. Here are a couple of pictures:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Donovan
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gaelan
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think he had fun but the day tuckered him out.

We stayed most of the day. I was lucky enough to find a piece of shade, spread out a blanket, and stitched on a small ornament while my "guys" had a blast looking at all the planes and the flying. We left a little early so we didn't get to see the Blue Angels fly but saw just about everything else. We were all pretty hungry and it was super exspensive to eat there(no coolers allowed). Next time we think we may hang out in the area where we parked. It was shady, we could have a cooler there, they had a port- a- potty and a lot less people. There was maybe 20 people doing that same thing. We also saw a lot of people tailgating at a nearby Wal-Mart. Something definitely to consider next time we go.

On the way home we stopped at a local pub where we know the cook. We had some awesome bar burgers, played a game of pool before heading home.

Sunday we hung around the house. My "guys" worked on the yard, made a trip to home depot, and did guy things while I hung in the house getting the laundry done. I wasn't feeling 100% so I worked in a nap as well. I really hate being a girl sometimes!!

This morning I was happy to find some fabric that I had ordered on Friday in my mail box. What great service!! One is a hand dyed that was on sale and it is so pretty and very much like it was pictured. I have to do an offical "floss" toss to make sure but I think it's perfect for a planned start. I'm trying to be good and finish up one more thing before I start on it but I may not be able to resist the urge!! The fabric was a birthday treat to myself!!

I hate to mention this again but I'm going to have to. It's quite clear that someone will not let it go. Please, do. I've had enough, I've had enough snickering, I have enough talking about me, ENOUGH!! Seriously, I'm well over this, I wish you well, have a great life, but move on, really it's time. Just because I will not do business with your company does not mean it's all about you. I liked Wal-Mart. They were much cheaper, and faster. I found the selection adequate for my needs and do not want to switch to NetFlix. I don't want to pay the extra money for what doesn't seem like "more" or "better" service. Plain and simple!!

2 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, May 24, 2005 , Blogger Autumn said...

Sarah, I agree with you. I saw what you're talking about and I couldn't believe that was coming up again! Seriously, what is it with some people?? Your guys are really cute!

 
At 11:29 AM, May 24, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so sad, isn't it, that some people just can't get on with their lives.

Nice pics!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home