Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Warning: I'm feeling cranky this morning!!!

I had such a great weekend and was really looking forward to the upcoming week. Unfortunately it started way, way earlier than I wanted. My neighbors have been pretty good neighbors until the past week. About a week ago they had a HUGE fight about midnight. The cops were called, they broke it up and we all went back to sleep. During the next day again a fight broke out but since it was daytime there wasn't much you could do but close the blinds. It was pretty brief but seemed really explosive. This morning about 4:15am I woke up hearing a really strange noise. I thought it was a weird dove or something because it was kind of a cooing sound, only louder and more high pitched. This went on for a good ten minutes before it started to get louder and louder and louder. It then turned into full scale wailing(and I mean WAILING). An argument broke out(I suspect another occupant of the house was telling her to be quiet), I heard her leave the house and proceed to get sick what sounded like right outside my window. It's still pretty chilly here in Michigan so my windows were closed(storms are still down on 2 of the 3 windows) so if I could hear it through the windows and over the furnace, it was LOUD. She then started in again on the wailing. I finally gave in, called the police(I didn't call the last time but was about too) because this had been going on a good 45 minutes at this point. I mean I try to be sympathetic, if you are sick or upset can't you do it inside, a tad quieter? The cops came and didn't improve the situation much. There was much more arguing and I heard the cops trying to talk to them. All in all 3 cops ended up there and it went on another 20 minutes before they left with one cop saying loudly and forcibly that he didn't want to have to come back again. Finally it was still, quiet and peaceful, I lay back down, close my eyes and sure enough the alarm went off. I just got up. Granted it was only about a 90mins earlier than normal but man, there is a big difference between 4am and 5:30am.

Now on to the good stuff. I had a great weekend!! I didn't get all I wanted done, done but still it was good. On Saturday I did get my pantry cleaned out and vacuumed. I got to read some, I got to nap some and DH and I watched "National Treasure" together. I know some people didn't' t like the movie but we both really enjoyed it. As a Mason Billy liked to see them portrayed in a better light than normal. Usually they are some psycho(Like in the Johnny Depp Jack the Ripper movie) or as people plotting to take over the world. According to Dh they were a little fast and loose with the history of the organization and their connection to the Knights Templar but we enjoyed it.

On Sunday we all went to the zoo. It was a cold, cloudy day but sometimes those are the best days to go on. The animals were really active and we got to see a lot of animals actually moving around instead of just laying around. That's my only complaint about the zoo. It doesn't open until 10am and I wish they would open earlier. Instead you spend a good majority of you zoo trip during the hottest part of the day. They do have a few evenings during the summer where members can stay until 7pm but it's not the same as first thing in the morning. We also got to see the new polar bear cub who was out with his mom. I"ll have to download some of the pictures we took.

Billy had a "close" encounter with wildlife while we were there. G wanted to go through the frog exhibit while Donovan didn't. Billy and Donovan waited at the exit while G and I went through. When I was leaving the building there was a sign warning that a bird was nesting close to the exit and to beware that it may fly closer than normal to you. When we got to Billy and Donovan, Donovan was chatting away that DH had been "attacked" by a bird. I guess he got to close to the nest and the bird actually landed on his head and pecked him a few times until they moved. Donovan thought it was cool, Billy was less than amused and he had a little cut on the top of his head as a memento of his trip. I guess maybe they should post a sign *outside* the building as well.

After dinner Billy had to go back out to the office. The boys were happy to watch a movie downstairs so I watched a movie upstairs..."The Terminal" with Tom Hanks. It wasn't a bad movie, a little slow in spots but it was good. I then did baths and bedtime and settled down to watch the finale of "Survivor".

The first hour was really good and a bit of a nail biter, would Ian get to stay. I was so happy when he won the fire challenge. Jen really didn't deserve to be there. Then the moved to the final challenge which you knew would be "who can stand the longest somewhere". It was no surprise that Katie gave in after about 6 hours(which was about 5 hours and 55 minutes longer than I would of lasted so good for her). I couldn't believe that Tom and Ian stood there that long. I also was super excited when Tom offered Ian the deal if he gave up, he'd vote Katie out. I thought Ian would jump at it, but didn't!! I was further shocked when Ian gave up in favor of Katie. Honor and all that blah, blah, friendship, blah, blah. While I admire these traits in people and they are noble thoughts I was yelling at the TV "IT'S A GAME SHOW PEOPLE"!!! Sure, I doubt Ian would of won against Tom but to give up the chance to even try was STUPID. I kept waiting for Tom to come to his senses, Katie didn't deserve to be there and I waited until he actually said he voted off Katie before turning the TV off. I was disgusted. I went to bed. I was not surprised to see this morning that Tom did indeed win and I'm happy for him. He did deserve it. He played physically very well and I think he played a pretty decent above the board "game" part too. I still can't believe Katie was number 2.

I'm looking forward to a nap this morning to get back my 90 or so mintues of sleep that I lost this morning thanks to my neighbors. I better enjoy these last few mornings with both in school since G only has 7 school days left(3 this week, 4 next week). It's going to be a another cold, cloudy day, with temps barely getting to 60. Again this morning we all had our winter coats on on the way to the bus stop and the furnace is still kicking on in the morning. Will summer ever get here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home