Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Here she is:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pattern designed by Jennifer Aikman-Smith, Copyright Dragon Dreams

She's stitched on white Jobelan using different colors of an overdyed floss, metallic braid and black silk bella. She took just about a week to complete. It's my first blackwork piece and I really enjoyed how quickly she stitched up.

Now what to work on....

I'm not sure how much stitching I'm going to get done this weekend. I have a couple of projects around the house I want to get to. I want to clean out the pantry in the kitchen. It's a big huge cupboard which I love but the shelves are so deep that sometimes it's easy to lose track of things way in the back. My goal is to take everything out, get rid of the old stuff and give it a good vacuuming.

I also hope to have Dh help me clean out a room in our basement. There are things in there that haven't been touched/moved/looked at since we moved in 8 years ago. It's time to get rid of some of. I also hope to finish my final stash overhaul and get what's left put away.

If I have time I would love to make a trip to Jo-Ann fabrics and buy some fabric. I bought a cool pattern to make a very cute, circle, drawstring bag to put all your stitching goodies in. A friend has one of these bags and I was really happy to find the pattern on Ebay for only a couple of bucks. I'm itching to drag my sewing machine out and see if I can do it. It only takes a couple of yards of fabric so it wouldn't cost to much to give it a try.

DH got called back to work this morning so he's at work right now. The chance of getting everything done I want to this weekend is slim I know. I do have the pantry have emptied though so I should get back to that.

3 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, May 14, 2005 , Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Your princess is beautiful Sarah! She's definitely on my wish list.

 
At 4:45 PM, May 14, 2005 , Blogger Jill in CA said...

Congratulations; she looks wonderful!

 
At 7:45 AM, May 16, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Princess turned out beautifully!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home