Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Hey, what happened to summer?!

After a couple of warm, sunny, summer like days, I woke up this morning to the sound of the heat being on. After the rain yesterday a cold front has moved through. The temp this morning was 44 with the high today being only 53. It may warm up a touch more over the weekend but not by much. Of course this is my fault since I got all the summer stuff out and washed along with taking the warm blanket from our bed. I don't know why I'm so anxious for summer to start but I am. I find myself really longing to have both boys home, sitting on my deck, enjoying the sun and watching the kids play in the sprinkler or just running around. I've really enjoyed the 2 1/2 hours I have each morning while they are both in school but I am looking forward to having them home with me. Of course talk to me in mid-July....

Donovan is really looking forward to the end of the year too. It's been a real roller coaster with him this year. Some days he goes to school without a fuss, other days, like today, it's a real struggle to get out the door. He was crying at the bus stop that he didn't want to go. The only thing that got him on the bus was the thought that he was going to have mini-pancakes and sausage for lunch.


Poor Billy is having more trouble at work. I don't understand it all but they were switching something on their system and it's caused all sorts of problems. Yesterday he worked 16.5 hours so he could get a job prepped that had to print last night. At his old job this would of been unpaid time but now that he is back to hourly it makes it a little easier to know a majority of the day was at time and 1/2. He's such a great husband, he was back up at 4am to do it all over again!! He is also refining his resume and he got a call from another old "client" wondering if he wanted a job. He turned it down, seeing as it was an afternoon shift kind of thing, but still I think that's at least a dozen calls he's gotten with more work.

I don't have any big plans today. Just to keep making progress on my "Blackwork Princess". I may even get a chance to finish it up today depending on how motivated I stay. Then there is the ever present laundry and dishes. I know it's "my" job and why I'm home but some days I get sick of doing the dishes.

I'm also going to head to the library to return some books. I'm also going to have to talk to the librarian because I was checking on-line last night to make sure I had all the books I took out. They have me down as still having 4 books out that I *know* I returned. This isn't the first time it has happened either. They don't have enough people sometimes and it often takes days(one time almost a week) for returned books to be checked back in. This isn't the first time a couple of books have slipped through the cracks. The last time I found the two books on the shelf that I supposedly had out. I really should check out some of the other libraries in my network.

It's been awhile since the big blow up on the board. I'm still getting "I miss you" notes in my in-box. I also have to say I miss the board. I've been reading it, I've found a new outlet as well, but I miss some of the friends I had there. I miss the give/take of the board. I have a bunch of questions I would like to ask but feel like I can't. I also find it pretty interesting that all the people that I "supposedly" drove off by the mere sight of my name, aren't posting anymore than they had. I know they are reading since I've seen there names at the top but no posts. I'm beginning to wonder how "disruptive" my posting really was.

I got to find some warmer, clean, clothes for G and get him to school. Only two more weeks for him and he will be done from school.



Edited to add:

Let's see if I figured out the picture thing too:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I figured since I was talking about her I would show my progress. Can I finish her today? You will have to check back later.

And I was going to go off on a tangent. I had it all written in my head of what I *really* wanted to say to someonebut I won't. I'll just consider myself in good company since I am just one of many that she professes to dislike but continues to track down and rant about anyways. And maybe now I don't miss the board. I have my friends, and all the good people, the people you really cared about, have long since drifted away...or ran off by her.

I'm going to leave with a postive thought today:

"Do something magical today and don’t tell anyone about it. You’ll know and that’s all that counts. Let the recipient of the gesture think that the chain of events has worked in their favor finally." Jason Mraz, Online journal, 5/9/2005

I have a little something that I'm going to do today and I will continue to remember what "goes around, comes around" :D

3 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, May 12, 2005 , Blogger Autumn said...

Congratulations on your princess...she looks great. I haven't stitched in like a week and a half. It's been weird to not have anything in my hands when I'm watching TV. I just can't really bring myself to do it lately, which is probably good because I'd probably screw it up so much that it'd all have to be frogged!

 
At 6:30 AM, May 12, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great progress on your Princess! I had no idea you had come along this far on her! Now if only I could get my will to stitch back....

 
At 2:21 PM, May 12, 2005 , Blogger HippyMonkey said...

Michigan weather is awful this "Summer" and I'm also sick of it. Nice Princess btw

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home