Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What an amazing weekend!!

Not only was it it a 3 day weekend which already makes it great, it also turned out to be one of the best weekends I've had in long, long time.

I first have to apologize to my husband. I whined early on Friday about my birthday and he really came through. He bought me my favorite Thai food take out for dinner while he made chicken nuggets for the kids. He also got me a card from him and one from the kids. He also bought me 3 presents!!!!

First he got me the Star Wars Lego game. I've wanted it for awhile because it looks like such fun and it would be good to have in the house for the kids to play.

He also bought me something I can't say but it's little and lacy and makes me feel pretty. I know some women don't like things like this but I do. I helps reminds me that I'm not just a mom or housekeeper but still a woman too...It's also nice to that even after 17 years of monogamy that he still finds me attractive in that way.

He also tried to buy me a new shirt. He knew I was complaining the other day that I had nothing in my closet other than "mom" clothes(sweats, jeans, shorts, big t-shirts) so he tried. Of course with clothes now a days it was almost impossible for him to do himself but he tried.

After we all ate he dragged me to his mom's house telling me she wanted to show off her new stove. When we got there she had made me a cake, not a cake from a box with canned frosting(which would of been great) but a real from scratch kind of cake. It was soooo good, and soooo sugary.

After cake we came home and I spent a couple of hours on the Star Wars game. I sat down with the intention of just playing for a few minutes and then turning it over to the kids. Next thing I knew an hour had flown by. We all had a great time, taking turns, giving tips. It's got to be one of the best Birthday gifts in a long time.

Saturday and Sunday were spent doing nothing important. Billy dragged me to the mall on Saturday to return the shirt he bought(that didn't fit) and we spent a good three hours there while he insisted on me getting myself something. I ended up with 4 shirts total and even though it was frustrating I was glad Billy insisted. I now have something nice to wear to me concert next week!!

On Memorial Day Billy and the boys marched in the parade with the lodge. The boys handed out flags. We stayed for the Memorial Service in the center of the city. I'm really proud of how our town honors Memorial day. No clowns, or politicking is allowed in the parade or on the sidelines and the whole thing is really handled with a lot of respect and dignity.

After the parade we went to Mary's for the lodge picnic. We were there most of the afternoon, we had a lot of good food, hung out with some good friends and the kids had a blast playing.

We were all tuckered out by the day outside and were all in bed early.

Poor G work up this morning sick though. The poor baby has pink eye again and a very stuffy nose. I'm glad school is over for him. I have some eye drops left from last time we all had pink eye so we don't have to head to the dr's unless he starts to run a fever or is still sick in a few days. He says nothing hurts except for a headache and his eyes.


The best part of the weekend was the weather. The weather men told us all that the all weekend was supposed to be cold, cloudy and rainy on all three days. Instead everyday it was sunny and warm. We got a touch of rain Saturday night but it was maybe 20 minutes.

All in all it was such a great weekend and I didn't stitch once!!! I hope we have many more of them as the summer progresses.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I saw the movie "The Anchorman" with Will Ferrell Sunday night. OMG, what a hysterical movie. I think it is now my new favorite movie and I need to go buy this on DVD. Admitedly it had a couple of slow spots and it was a lot of slapstick type humor but it made me laugh so hard that it made me sides ache. If you haven't seen it, you should!!

Only 8 days to my concert!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home