Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I have a goal!!

I got an e-mail yesterday announcing that Silkweaver is taking entries for their showcase. I'm doning my Christmas Flourishes on one of their hand dyed fabbies. Entries are open until the end of the year.

I made pretty good progress on my CF until about mid summer when my stitching kind of took a back burner. Now that the kids are back to school and Dh is back to work my schedule is back in place and I'm finding time to stitch. My goal now is to have this finished by the deadline and to enter it into Silkweavers contest(shh, don't tell me it doesn't have to be completed). Here is my latest progress picture:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Christmas Flourishes designed by Nora Corbett, copyright Mirabilia designs, stitched on 32ct "sapphire sky" by silkweaver

I think I'm at about the halfway point, or at least pretty close to it.

I didn't make it to the dr's yesterday. Money is so tight and we didn't have it for the office visit. The thing I don't get if I walk in with insurance they bill my insurance $60. My insurance will pay them $20 or so bucks and my dr's office says fine. You try that on your own and it's a no. Doesn't that seem a bit backwards? Last year when I went without insurance they knocked $20 off the visit and didn't charge me for the one test. I don't want to count on that. We found someone nice enough to lend us the money until pay day. There was also a snafu with borrowing my MIL car. She forgot that my FIL had a dr's appt yesterday afternoon. My appt is today and in a way I'm glad to put it off a day. Yesterday was a 1/2 day at school so if I had gone, I would of had to take both them with me. Today I just have to hope that I can be done by 2:15pm so I'm home in time to get the kids off the bus. My appt time is 12:30 so you would think so but you never can tell with dr's. I'm looking forward to it though. I'm in a wee bit of pain today and starting running a slight temp last night. I hope whatever antibiotic I get, it works quick!!

3 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, September 22, 2005 , Blogger Jenny said...

Your Christmas Flourishes is coming along really nicely. :)

 
At 6:53 PM, September 23, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stitching is GORGEOUS!!!!

 
At 5:34 PM, October 06, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

Just saw this today as I haven't been online much. It's beautiful.

Take care

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home