Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I just love the internet!! (mostly)

15 minuts of searching and I now have the complete list of the movies the Willaim Powell and Mryna Loy starred in together. I was disappointed that most of them, besides the Thin Man movies, aren't on DVD. A couple though are going to be on TCM in the coming months so I set up reminders for them. A lot of them are on in the middle of the night but thankfully I still have my trusty VCR and if I can find some tapes I'll set the VCR(I would soooo love TiVo or even Faux-Vo as I've heard people call the not TiVo digital recorders). I know this is probably really boring to anyone reading this who aren't movie buffs but so I don't forget them the movies are(in no particular order)

6 Thin Man movies(The Thin Man, After the Thin Man, Another Thin Man, Shadow of the Thin Man, The Thin Man goes Home, and Song of the Thin man)
I love you Again
Love Crazy
Double wedding
Manhattan melodrama
Libeled Lady
The Great Ziegfeld
Evelyn Prentice
The Senator Was Indiscreet( in this one Mryna Loy's part is more of a cameo)

I also discovered two movies that William Powell did that I would love to see "Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid" and "My Man Godfrey", neither are on DVD or slated to play on TCM anytime soon. I also found a movie by Mryna Loy I would love to see called "Wife Vs. Secretary"(again not on DVD, not slated to be shown). I guess last September TCM had a Mryna Loy tribute where they showed her movies all month long. I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if they might do something like that again. I also can't believe I missed the fact that she palyed Cary Grant's wife in one of my all time favorite movies "Mr. Blanding Builds his Dream Home". If you have ever done any kind of remodeling or home construction you can relate with this movie. It's Cary Grant at his best "at his wit's end" self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home