Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Yeah it's Friday!!

Well, I don't know if I'm looking forward to the weekend. I feel like this past week I've hardly gotten any peace and quiet or any alone time(other than sleeping). Still the kids were are excited about the prospect of two days off of school.

The concert went excellent last night. I know G is tall but you forget sometimes until you see him with kids his own age. He was in the very back row and did pretty good. At least he didn't look terrified and seemed to know the words. The concert was nice and I didn't realize there were that many songs devoted to trains. The only thing I don't get is the parents. Some of them are so rude like letting the other siblings run up and down the center of the gym, talk through the entire performance, or let them stand in your lap so they can see but you can't see a thing through them. And then there is the waving. I don't get that, do you really think just because you are waving frantically that your child can pick you out of a crowd that size?

Before the concert we went to the book fair. It was nice to see the boys excited about books, any books, since neither so far seem to really like to read even though we try to read to them on a daily basis and they see me reading all the time. G picked out two lego books which are basically big advertisements for the products but he's thrilled. Dovovan picked out a Lego book as well as book about a boy name Artemis Fowl. It looks cute and he was looking through it last night. I'm also glad the book fair took checks and it was the day before payday.

Dh had a busy week at work. He had several meetings with his boss about some changes that DH felt should be done on how jobs are written up. His department gets blamed for a lot of stuff since it's in the middle of the CSR's and the press. They aren't mind readers and sometimes things aren't written down at all or communicated in anyway. Dh has been saying for awhile this has to stop and now his boss's are willing to back him up. This made Dh really happy, and a bit more optimistic about the job, still not enough money, but this is more back up then he's gotten anyplace else.

We are now currently faced with a glut of cars. First we had one car, that needed some suspension work and now we have 3 cars!!

First there is our blue neon that our BIL has been working on the last 3 weeks for us. We got that back last night. Now that the suspension has been fixed and with the money we put into it early this year it's back to it's old zippy self.

Then there is the white Neon, same year as our blue one, about the same mileage, that our friends gave us(and we tried to give back). We've been using that while the blue one was being repaired. I think this has the best potential for selling since it's an automatic(our blue one is a stick shift) and over all looks better inside and out.

Then last week we got my MIL car. She has a Oldsmobile, same age as the Neons, but in awesome shape. She's not much of a driver so it has less than 40,000 miles on it and she kept it in the garage Plus last year she basically had the engine rebuilt as well as had new tires put on. She promised we could have it when she bought a new car, which she was planning on doing in the summer/fall. Instead she bought a new car right away, got delivery of it so now we have that one too. Money wise this could net the biggest profit but we need at least one *really* good car and I think my MIL would be a bit peeved so this one we are keeping. It's an automatic everything and it's really cool when you come out and hit the button to unlock the doors the dome light comes on too. Very nice at night. It also gets about the same gas mileage as our Neon so it will be a nice ride for DH to and from work since he has such a long commute.

Oh yeah, I guess we really have 4 cars. We still have our old clunker of a Jeep in the backyard. That used to be my car until a seal went on the steering pump. The seal costs all of .50 but to get to it requires us to take apart half the engine. Not worth it for such an old vehicle that gets such bad gas mileage(maybe 5 miles to the gallon). My BIL was going to take it off our hands in exchange for the repair work he did on our blue Neon. Now that the repair work is finally done(we've only been waiting since June for him to do it) he isn't interested in the jeep. It runs and it's still legally plated but you can't turn it. We start it every now and then, drive it up and down the driveway but that's about it. When it rains, it pours I guess.

I don't know what we are going to do with all these cars. We will definitely sell the white Neon and are going to *try* to hang on to the blue neon and of course keep the olds. As for the Jeep I don't know what we are going to do. I don't know if we can really sell it in the shape it is in(it also really needs tires). I suggested that we donate it and get a nice deduction on next years taxes but DH says he wants to sell that too. I think he's dreaming.

I'm going to have to keep on DH about this(I hate to nag)but we *can not* have 4 cars at our house....Someone is going to complain soon and if I don't keep on DH he'll just procrastinate forever(hence, why the jeep stopped moving in May of last year is still sitting in our driveway and why it took nearly 8mths to finally get my BIL to do the repairs on our car).

I've been stitching a lot this past week on "Forest Goddess". I'm making pretty decent progress. I'm trying an new approach. I'm doing all of the same color before moving to another color. I don't know if it's any faster but it's getting the greens in her cape out of the way so then I can do the fun colors in her dress. For the time being I've put all my stitching SAL's on hold(the UFO Friday's and the Band Sampler SAL) for the rest of the month to focus on FG. Next month I'll start back on them but with the way the last 2 weeks have been I decided it was better to throw out the rules and just work on what I want to.

My UTI is already feeling better. I got on it so quick that I was feeling loads better by bedtime. DH has a wacky idea. He suggested I make an appt with my Dr. before the next UTI hits and see if he will write me another prescription like he did last time( He gave me enough extra to treat either 3 more infections or I could use 1/2 a tablet after certain activities(ie sex) to prevent them) That worked pretty good. It would certainly help us to be able to "plan" a dr's visit then have the UTI pop up when we may be short of cash. Without a UTI the visit would be cheaper since they wouldn't have to run any tests. Next week I may call my Dr to see if he would be willing to do that( no sense making the appt, running out there to have him tell me no).


Last September one of the PA at the office wrote me a similar prescription to take to prevent them. It was a different antibiotic and it was nearly $70 for 30 of them, $20 more than it would cost to see the Dr, have the test and fill the prescription for when I did get one. When I saw my Dr. He agreed that it was a bit pricey and thought the basic generic antibiotic I take to treat one would work just as effectively to prevent one.



1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, March 24, 2006 , Blogger Jill in CA said...

The concert sounds like it was great, except for the other parents.

That's awesome news about the cars! I know it could be a pain to go through the selling process, but that's wonderful to have potential for a bit of $$ there! And now that you'll have a car maybe it will be easier to find a job next year when both boys are in school full-time.

Anyway, I'm really glad you're still posting in your blog. I've been meaning to drop you a note to say "hi". Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home