Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Feeling better today!

My cold is doing much better today. Dh took pity on me and the whole house when he came home last night and realized that it was 88 inside. We were just melting and so he turned on the A/C. I know he didn't want to but it was pretty miserable even with the fans going. We keep the temp pretty high, about 80ish, but it was enough to get the humidity out of the house, cool it a little and with the fans, made it so I could sleep last night. That helped my cold more than anything. With our new furnace I've noticed that it's blowing more cool air and it's cooling it down much faster than it did with our old furnace.

Even though I'm better, I'm still not 100% and am a bit annoyed that DH won't call off our weekly BBQ with Steph. In an effort to get us all used to each other, she's been coming over on Wednesday nights, we've been grilling something, having dinner and hanging out. Last week I didn't feel great because of my "monthly friend" but I we had her over anyways and I think that was good. This week however I still feel horrible and cleaning the house in the heat and sick is not what I want to do. I didn't keep up on things like I wanted to over the weekend, I didn't get a lot of help either, and it seems like a daunting task from someone not completely well. He is right that she will eventually see my house looking less than it's best when she is living here but still I have the idea of "family" clean and "company" clean in my head. I got the kitchen and dining room done this morning, I made some shortcake for strawberry shortcake for dessert, and got some fresh green beans cleaned and ready for cooking. This afternoon I'll get the bathroom and living room done and the boys will have to pick up their room when they get home. I'm going to try to nap this afternoon while G is in school. Even though I slept pretty well last night, I'm still kind of tired and a rest sounds good.

I still have not gotten to play very much with my beads. I was still too sick to stitch yesterday. Every thing I looked down my nose ran, so I didn't stitch more than a few minutes before giving up. Today I'm cleaning, so maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to try them. The bugle beads fit and look awesome but there is the one bead I'm not so sure of....

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, May 31, 2006 , Blogger Karoline said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, I hope you get rid of the cold soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home