Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, May 26, 2006

I hate Dh's job!!

I was talking this morning about my planned trip to the bead store by myself tomorrow to celebrate my birthday since I already got my "main" gift of the concert from DH. I was also kind of asking if we had about $20 bucks to spend on me. I saw him make the face. Great! He then launched in to "I was going to tell you speech..." About how they are printing this weekend and that he might have to make a quick trip to the office for a little while on Saturday. I could still go but it might be later in the day or I might have to take the kids with me in case they call. You know, I don't mind that he is a hard worker, I know this is a good thing, but damn it, they are taking complete advantage of him at this point. He's not only running the department but they have him doing the new payroll software(someone is *supposed* to take it over but hasn't). All morning Monday's he spends talking to people who don't have the concept of punching in when they enter the building and punch out when they leave. Then there is the IT stuff he is doing. Add in that he's making about $12,000 less than his last job, no overtime, and they are getting him to do 3 jobs, well, I get pissed. Yeah, there is that mythical bonus we haven't heard about...GRR!! Yes, I am thankful he has a job, but he is working way to hard for what he is making and he has to learn to say no, but he doesn't seem to have that capability. Ah well, it's nothing I can change or control.

Instead I spent the morning surfing bead sites(while listening to Jason of course). The big problem is the pebble bead, there isn't a good Delica match size wise or color wise. I don't want the squared off edge of a Delica seed bead and then a regular donut shaped bead in the bigger size. Yes, I'm anal about matching things. So I think I've come up with a good match in some regular Japanese seed beads in the 11/0 size for the regular Mill Hill and a 6/0 sized bead for the pebble bead. I think I did a pretty good job. Now to just find the a place that sells the flower bead. I only need 3. If anyone is interested I'll post my the links to the beads I'm thinking of using. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to order them online or maybe try the bead store next weekend.

Give Denise a gold star. She guessed it, we are having someone rent our basement for the summer. It wasn't so much that we decided to do this but who we are letting stay that caused the flack. I'll just say that DH and I have talked about it, a lot, and I'm comfortable with it. And at this point it's hard to say no to the money.

Our house is very well designed to have someone come stay. In fact the old owners rented it the basement out the whole time they lived here. It's a big basement, fully finished, with a bath/shower, and even a kitchen area. It had a stove when we moved in but we took it out. Still with a microwave, you don't really need a stove. Plus the person moving in doesn't eat at home that much. I can still access the laundry room and my craft room without having to go through the her living space. It has doors that can close it off and lock. With a side entrance, we don't have to see her, or she us, if we don't want to. Part of the deal was the help with the garage and she is also going to help us with a few painting projects this summer as well.

It is very understood from the beginning that it will be* very* temporary, from July to the end of September. Not only will it help us, but her too, who is kind of at a cross roads and needs to figure out what she wants to do. If her family was closer I think she would go home for awhile but since they are in Florida and way up north in Michigan, it's not really an option. Again I'm really comfortable with this decision and I think in some ways it may make things a lot more fun this summer too. At least it allow us some cash to do a few things(not a lot but some)

I know my friends were coming from a place of friendship but no one wants to be thought of as a fool, and no one knows my situation as well as I do. I've been with my Dh now 18 years and I think I have a good idea of what is going on. Having this person here in some ways will put my fears more to rest(trust me, I'll notice if he's in the basement). She has been around a lot lately and I see the connection between her and Dh and it's not at all sexual or more than friends. She is very much like DH and I can see why they get along. She is also fun, great with the boys, and we've become friends somewhat too. Dh and his family also have this way of kind of absorbing people. It's hard to say but my BIL and SIL have had lots of people in/out of their house to stay for awhile.

I can see where there could be pitfalls having another person in your house, I really can. But on the other hand all I wanted was a little support, know what I mean? If it turns out badly, then fine, say I told you so, but until then how about a little trust that at almost 39 years of age that I have learned a thing or two and that I was a part of this decision. Though I will admit I did initially say yes, thinking it would never happen, then she showed up, paid for the dumpster and cleaned out my garage.

I've felt a definite cold shoulder from some since then. I don't know how to fix that, I really don't. It's a bummer because I enjoyed the GTG's and now I don't feel welcome. Ah well, it will save some money in the long run and I do have some good memories of the past ones. Maybe it will change, maybe when Steph leaves, who knows.

I'm trying to look forward to the weekend, birthday and all(can you tell turning 39 is really bugging me?) The weather in Michigan is supposed to be beautiful all 3 days. On Monday Dh and the boys will be in the local parade with the lodge and after that there is a lodge picnic. We did this last year and it was a lot of fun. The boys got to hand out flags and they are so excited to be doing it again. I just have to think of something yummy to take with us to the picnic.

Have a great holiday weekend!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, May 27, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, a mention in a blog! I feel so honored, that's never happened to me before!!! LOL Sarah, over the years of watching you post and now reading your blog, I DO trust that you know what you're doing. I'm sorry some people are giving you flack. Early in my marraige, my dh and I took in roommates in our apartment and our first house. And one roommate was even a female. So I know first hand it CAN work. I think this is a far better and easier solution than watching that kid you used to watch. I wish those you are close to could give you more support. We have to be there for our friends through the good decisions and the bad (not that I think this is a bad one). I've always admired and wished I could have GTG's like the Michigan group. Maybe in time it will be like it was before. I for one can feel the love between you and your dh through the good times and the bad. (((hugs))) (I'm 39 too...it's not so bad!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home