Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Indulging in Jason once again!!

After going several month without listening to any Jason I suddenly find myself listening to him all the time again. Damn, how did I forgot the magic of his music? The way it soothes my frayed nerves, the way his voice gives me chills? The concert once again re-awakened my love for him. Dh just rolls his eyes at me....

It also helps that there seems to be a new outlet for my obsession. I was looking at his fan board seeing if there were any pictures from the concert I saw recently. I was happy to find these two:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then I discovered YouTube. Now I had heard about it on the news and thought it was just a site of stupid videos. Then someone posted a clip from my concert. He did a very funny bit with the opening band. The band was kind of heavy metalish(a surprise to me considering the mellow vibe of Jason). Jason jumped on stage and did a full blown metal head impression complete with jumping, yelling, kicking the mike stand etc. It was very funny because it was so unlike Jason and the opening band was none to thrilled about it either.

From there I've discovered a HUGE amount of Jason video's clips, some good, some not so good. I discovered there is a video of my FAVORITE Jason moment ever. I have a concert on CD from 2003 that he did at the House of Blues in some city. He does this very soft, very sexy, lead in to the most incredible high note, into one of my favorite songs, "In love, On Sadness". I've listened to this song probably a million times and I get chills every time I hear it and when he hits that note, well, it's just incredible(the note is at 3:03 in). How did I not know that there was a video of it. OMG, I'm drooling. You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msUL1xLXcpU

I know, I sound like I'm 15 or something, but I just so love this guy!!

Things continue to go well here. This past weekend DH and I had a chance to help out his brother and SIL who work for an organization that puts on Health Fairs all over the area(they are called "Project Healthy Living"). They do a multitude of testing from simple height/weight/BMI, eye tests, hearing tests, to offering a panel of blood test for a nominal feel. My BIL made sure they set a site up at the lodge so we all were there on Saturday helping it. I helped check people in and I even got to renew my Blood Pressure taking skills. My SIL even said she might have a way for me to help out in the fall(the run the shows through late winter, through the spring, take a few months off, and then start up again) which sounds like fun, considering I'll have some time on my hands in the fall. It probably won't pay but it would be a good thing to put on a resume.

Anyway my BIL is learning to draw blood and in exchange for letting him practice on DH, they ran a bunch of blood tests on him. The results came back yesterday and DH is completely healthy. Everything was in normal range, his PSA was very low, they did some kind of test to assess your risk of heart disease and he was below average on the risk, his BMI was low and his cholesterol was 133. All this from a guy who lives on red meat and coffee, doesn't eat veggies, and until he started playing hockey, didn't work out. This is up from the 129 it was when he was 28. According to my SIL even the breakdown between the good/bad is excellent. How does he do it?

Another positive note was that both boys are currently seeing at 20/20 or better. Both DH and I wear glasses and both of us needed them quite young(DH was 8 but he says he needed them sooner, I was 9). I try to keep an eye on both boys and was eager to have them take the eye test. D could not only read the 20/20 line but could read the two smaller lines under it. G didn't do as well at first. I thought that meant he was struggling to read the letters but he was trying to take the letters and make words with them. Once we figured that out and I explained that they were just letters, no words or reading required, he did just fine. He too could read at least one line below the 20/20 one so he is doing well too. It was also good that one of his Uncles was doing the test and I was glad to have a chance to get that done and I don't have to worry about it for a few more months.

The upheaval continues at home. We cleaned out the basement over the last few days which was good. We found a few things we had forgotten we had(like a webcam and a zip drive) It's so clean and nice. We still haven't figured out where the computers are going to be but worked out where we will have at least one of the computer printers hooked up which is good because I wasn't sure if I could go 3 or more months without printing anything. We finalized some more of the details as well last night. I'm trying to remain positive but I saw last night how it will be a bit of an adjustment, for all of us. It will force me to be much more social that I normally am. I know shocking to think that even though I'm online a lot, seem to talk a lot here, in real life I'm not that social. I'd rather be at home, I'd rather not talk to people if I don't want to.....Still I have to keep thinking it will be good, and if it's not, at least it will be temporary, and will help us all out.

2 days until my birthday...UGH! When did I get old?

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, May 25, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you blogging again. I'm not sure what the upheaval at home is, but I'm guessing you are taking in tenants? what a creative way to make some extra money! I know you've been trying to think of something for a long time that doesn't involve taking in someone else's kids.

 
At 12:56 PM, May 25, 2006 , Blogger Terri said...

I'm the same way Sarah. When DH is gone, I contemplate ordering groceries to be delivered so I never have to leave the house! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home