Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, June 09, 2006

My Greek Salad Recipe

Yesterday someone asked for my pasta Greek salad recipe. It was really easy. I basically boiled a box of Rotini pasta, rinsed in cold water and drained really well when it was done. I then put it in a large bowl, added coarsely chopped cucumbers, red onion, black olives, and crumbled feta cheese to it(add as much or as little as you like). I mixed in about 3/4 of a bottle of a good quality Greek dressing, tossed and the most important part is to let it sit overnight. The next day before serving I garnished the bowl with some cold beets, the little peppercinci(sp) peppers and then a squirt of fresh lemon juice. An Italian pasta salad is about the same but with that I used a zesty Italian dressing, tri color rotini, and a spice by McCormick called Pasta Salad Spice. I change around the veggies to broccoli, onions, red/yellow/green peppers, and cherry tomatoes and then garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese or fresh mozzarella.

Last night Steph invited us out to her apartment for dinner. She said it was only fair since I normally do so much cooking for her, for her to cook for us. Her boyfriend and couple of other friends were going to be there too. Unfortunately D's cold was still pretty bad and I didn't want to inflict him on the in-laws and make them sick so Billy went without me, at my urging. It sounded like DH had fun but I don't know for sure since he was home after I was in bed and I only saw him briefly this morning.

DH also brought home a few more boxes for us to put in the basement. The end of the month is approaching fast and I'm getting a little nervous. I still think it's an Ok decision. We do still really need the money, she still really needs a place to stay, but as usual I get hung up on all the details. It would help if I could get DH to make a decision on what he wants to do with our stuff that is currently in the basement and figure out where the computers are going to go. I would be willing to just move one, and put the other away. I think all of us could do with a little less computer time and a little less TV time but he won't hear of it. I love him, he's a great guy, but is such a procrastinator. I can see him moving our stuff out as she is moving her stuff in and theres not a single thing I can do about it. I've boxed up what I could but I can't physically move the stuff out on my own. Sure I can take part my computer system, move the bits, but the two desks, stereo, 32 inch TV, huge dining table his computer is on, sofa, and sewing table are too big for me to move on my own. He keeps saying "later, we still have some time".

I'm also not going to touch anything electronic because I've had the worst luck this past week. First on 6/6 our cable modem was on the fritz. Right in the middle of checking my mail it went out. All the lights were on, it said it was working, but we couldn't connect online. We even called the cable company who said they could "see" it and it should be fine. Finally about 3pm, boom it was back to working. My phone has been acting funny. It keeps lighting up and buzzing like I have a message, only no voice/text messages appear. Yesterday I tried scanning and printing something. The first 2 pages were fine, no problem, then boom, the computer told me there was no scanner attatched. Restarting didn't improve anything then when DH came home, looked at it, it would scan, but not print. Then like 10pm last night I tried printing again and it was fine. The topper was the stove last night. We inherited it from my MIL and it didn't come with a manual but she said all I had to do to self clean it was make sure the oven started out cold, hit the self clean button, walk away and it would do its thing. Since it was cool yesterday evening I did that. It said it would take 4 hours. About 3 hours in it started beeping. The little screen said F2 and beeping, really loudly. Hitting the off button would only make it stop for a few seconds and started back up again. I had no clue what was wrong or how to make it stop, so I just unplugged it and went to bed. Thankfully the oven wasn't that dirty and the few hours it did work, loosen most of the stuff, and I was able to wipe it up with no problem. I'm starting to get a complex here.

Today is Friday!! yeah!!! Tomorrow is my SIL 40th birthday party. Because of hockey we will only be able to be there for a short time and then me and the boys are going to watch DH and the team play. My MIL said she rented a chocolate fountain...YUMMY! I also hopeto convince DH to do something to the basement on Sunday but I doubt that....

4 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, June 09, 2006 , Blogger Terri said...

Ooooo, thanks for the recipe!! It looks really yummy and I can't wait to try it! I eat feta cheese almost every day! LOL

 
At 9:10 AM, June 09, 2006 , Blogger Jill in CA said...

Your recipes sound great!

I read your post from yesterday and I know what you mean about feeling introspective (I've been there a lot myself lately). I know I'd be thrilled to be friends with you "IRL" if we didn't live so far apart. I've generally had more friendships with males than females (I am an engineer so I guess that's a good thing or I'd have no work friends). It's only since I've found stitching and gotten active at church that I've gotten to be friends with other women. I don't have a good relationship with my mother and I know that is a big factor.

Anyway, you aren't alone and I'm just a phone call away if you ever want to chat about whatever. (((hugs)))

 
At 3:13 PM, June 09, 2006 , Blogger Terri said...

Not to hijack Sarah's blog, but Jill I consider you a IRL friend :)

 
At 4:03 PM, June 09, 2006 , Blogger Jill in CA said...

Thanks, Terri, I consider you an IRL friend also. :)

Hang in there, Sarah; you may feel alone sometimes but you have a lot of friends who care about you (((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home