Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, July 21, 2006

I don't know what to do with my cat!!

The cat once again left a present on the floor in the living room. I'm not sure what else to do. I've cleaned the previous spots, with the special enzymatic cleaner to remove the smell(and to me it doesn't smell like cat urine any more), but still he seems to come back to the same general area. Wednesday night the boys left their toy box in that area and the cat seemed to find the litter box with no problem. Yesterday though I cleaned the house and made the boys put the toys box back in their room, he went on the carpet. I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out and why he is suddenly going there. One night the door was closed, but since then there is no excuse. I even moved the box closer to the door so he doesn't have to go very far into the laundry room to use it. Plus the box has been in that room the whole time we've been here(9 yrs now) and we've always had "stuff" in the basement. There is nothing at the bottom of the stairs that would scare him. Steph is not up in the middle of the night, so I really don't see what the problem is.

I haven't told DH. He's going to be really mad and there is no way to keep it from him either. We are off to the grocery store tonight so we will buy some more cleaner and I will have to see if I can borrow my SIL carpet cleaner sometime soon. I saw where there was potential for problems with Steph moving in. This was one thing I *never* considered because we didn't do a thing to the laundry room!

Dh went to his boss the other day. He has asked for a raise and has asked where the bonuses he was promised are. They were supposed to be paid quarterly and here it is the start of the 3rd quarter and Dh has met the goals they asked and they have had a couple of record month but yet he hasn't seen a thing. DH said his boss seemed receptive to the idea and they have a meeting scheduled on Tuesday. I'm really nervous because not only do we really *need* the money but I can see it in Dh's eyes that if he doesn't get something, he will be looking for a new job and I'm not looking forward to having to do that whole thing again. I have everything crossed that it goes well on Tuesday.

DH also informed me last night that there is a company picnic on Thursday evening and he made it clear that I am to go with him. I've never met anyone from his office and he said his co-workers have been ribbing him alot that the doesn't really have a wife so he wants to me to go(and it was pretty clear barring illness of one of the children there was no discussion on this issue) UGH!! What to wear? I hate company things........

Ever have one of those days where you wake up just feeling bad? Not sick but I just feel really emotional today and all I want to do is hide out in the bedroom all day. I can't figure out why, things are actually pretty good(minus the bank problem during the week but we were able to cover it) so I'm not sure what is up with me either. Maybe it is too many late playing cards, losing every game, though I didn't lose as badly last night so I'm kind of grasping the concept of Hearts.

Steph is off to her Dad's house for the weekend so we won't see her again to late Sunday night. Even though she hasn't been a problem at all being here, I'm looking forward to the weekend alone.

I should add that Meepers can't get a bladder infection or a UTI. As a young cat he had FUS and had a blocked uretha. He had surgery to shorten and enlarge it(bascially a sex change) and is on a special food for it, and has been his whole life. It keeps the acid in the urine really high to prevent infection from setting in at all. He would aslo be going to the bathroom, a lot, and he hasn't increased how often he goes at all. He seems like he has just "forgotten" where the litter box is or is to lazy to walk down the stairs.

Tonight we are going to try to move the litter box upstairs, just during the night, since that seems to be when he is going on the carpet and hope that helps.

3 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, July 21, 2006 , Blogger Jill in CA said...

I have those emotional days too, though lately I've had good reason for them I guess! Sometimes though they just pop up out of the blue. I think going to the company picnic will be good for you! Is it indoors or outdoors? I'd wear something lightweight and comfy if it's outside since it's sweltering everywhere these days. I hope you do have a great time even if you don't feel like you want to go.

 
At 10:20 AM, July 21, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

Sorry about your cat....I found this info:

"If your cat starts going outside the litter box, take him to your veterinarian immediately. A urinary tract infection in a male cat can quickly turn into a blocked bladder and become life-threatening. Your veterinarian can help determine if the problem is related to a disease or some other factor. A treatment program can be tailored to fit your need."

Maybe it is something simple that they can give you an antibiotic for?

As far as the picnic, I know how you feel. I hate going and always feel stupid because half the time I don't know what all the employees are talking about!! Clothing....you can never go wrong with khaki's and a summer blouse, with your hair up!

Lori

 
At 12:05 PM, July 21, 2006 , Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

To me, it seems clear that Meepers is just upset about the changes in the house, which is not something you ever could have predicted. I know ours get upset and leave "presents" in the upstairs hallway if we're gone for more than a couple of nights. It is their way of protesting. Since Meepers is not inclined to go downstairs to use the litter box, I think moving it upstairs for now is an excellent solution. Hope Meepers is receptive! And try not to worry too much about the picnic. A nice top, some khakis or capris, a little make-up, and you're all set. Don't worry about not understanding what they are talking about. Find some other wives to chat with, or just jump in when they do come up with something you understand. {{{hugs}}}

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home