Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

As promised pictures!!

Here is what my FG looked like when I sat down to work on her on Tuesday:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is what she looked like this evening:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Designed by Nora Corbett, Copyright Mirabilia Designs


There are still a few more of the green vines to backstitch in but I am going to do those when I bead. I need places to anchor the thread too. The beading will wait until I go to the bead store and get some new bugle beads. I'm also in need of some quilt batting to roll up into my scroll frame to protect the already beaded area. I'm hoping to do that this weekend or next. For tomorrow I may pull out my UFO Friday project a day early. The boys are home from school on Friday so I'm not sure how much stitching I may get in with them around. I want to make a good dent on the second half of my "Here Be Dragons". I hope to get most of it ready for backstitching so I think I will have a better shot at that with the peace of the house.

As I was working on FG I was wondering what I was going to do with her when I was finished. It hit me that since she is so short side to side that I think she would make a perfect Bell Pull. Since I didn't use a hand dyed fabric on her I think it would stand up to a gentle washes along the way instead of putting her in the frame. I think I even have a good backing fabric for her. I've been meaning to pull out my sewing machine to finish up Dragon Dreams "Blackwork Princess" into a bell pull as well so I can do them both at the same time.

Now on to some pictures of Isis. She is turning into a gorgeous cat, so photogenic!!

This is not the best picture but you can see how long she is getting to be:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


here she is on her favorite cushion in front of the window to catch the sun:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Look at this face, so pretty:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And here is the sun glinting off of the ice covered tree's:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Steph and I had a great time last night after I got the boys to bed. Dh was at lodge so it was just her and I. She's been so busy lately that I rarely have time to see her but it was night to have a few hours to hang out with her. We played some cards and watched an episode of "Supernatural" that my MIL bought me the other day at Costco. It was a really nice night.

2 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, January 18, 2007 , Blogger Suzanne said...

Nice stitching! Love the pictures of Isis, she sure has grown! Suz

 
At 8:02 AM, January 19, 2007 , Blogger Karoline said...

FG is looking gorgeous Sarah, I love the photo's of Isis.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home