Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Monday, January 22, 2007

A happy dance!!

What a fun way to start the week, with a finish:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Designed by Jennifer Aikman-Smith, Copyright Dragon Dreams

I was lucky enough to get this project by taking a class with JAS herself all the way back in 2002. It's been rolling around since then and I'm really glad to have it done!! The only change I made was the date is now reading 2007(not sure if I like the 7) and I did it in red instead of the blue that the rest of the project was bs'd in. I'm not sure what the fabric is, I've been working from a working copy so I don't' have that information, I'm sure it's whatever the recommended fabric was. I did later buy the actual chart since it has an additional design which I may do later for my SIL but for now I think I'm ready to move on to a new designer since I completed the DD ornament at the beginning of the month. I really like DD designs but want to try something different.

The weekend turned out to be a really nice one and we were do for a nice relaxing, happy weekend. We started by grocery shopping and on the way home I was talking to DH about wanting to order a piece of fabric to eventually start "Stargazer". He asked why I didn't just go to my needlework store since I mentioned my punch card and he said that way I would have the fabric in my hand, instead of waiting. I told him I didn't want to make the drive by myself and he said we could all go. I kind of dismissed him but when we got home he was very insistent that we go. He said I never do things for myself so we were going.

We hopped in the car and went. They waited in the car while I went in to get the fabric. Having them there kept me from browsing which was good. I don't need to be distracted by anymore stuff. I found the fabric but they didn't have a piece big enough out so I asked. They didn't have any more either so I ended up having to order it anyways. I was bummed!! I did get the pack of Bugle beads I needed for FG though. They are ordering it for me and it will be sent to me when it gets there, which will depend on where the fabric is coming from, so I'm not sure how long it will take. ON the bright side it will allow me to finish up FG and allowed me to finish "Here Be Dragons" too.

On the way back home everyone was hungry so we were thinking about a late lunch/early dinner. Whenever I went to SNT we would always eat at the Big Boys down the street. I told him I would rather not this time because the food is never good and neither was the service. I don't know why we kept going back. We have an entertainment book that we bought from the boys so I looked at it, thinking there was no way there would be anything in it since we were going through a bunch of little times. Surprising there was one in it in a town called Ortonville. We went and boy am I glad we did. The food was AWESOME, it was more than reasonable and downright cheap when we used our coupon. The service was good and the kids enjoyed it. the best were these huge breadsticks they served before the meal, the were warm, and gooey and served with the most awesome garlic butter. I'd drive back for those alone. If any of you Michigan stitchers are reading(which I'm pretty sure your not, but just in case), skip Big Boy when you go to the Market Day sale(and don't worry, I'm not going) and go down to MacPhee's. It's right down the right from the A & W, on the left hand side of the street if you are heading back to I-75, right next to the Lumber Yard.

On the way home we decided to stop at the outlet mall that we pass on the way home. We didn't really need anything but thought it would be fun to just wander around and people watch. While we were there we went into a calendar store. All calendars were $4 and the has the Cross Stitch pattern a day one and DH insisted on buying it for me. As we wandered some more we went past a Maidenform outlet. I mentioned I needed some "things" and he sent me into the store to look and orders to buy something if I needed it. I looked and they had a sale going on underthings so I got 6 new pairs of something for $12. What a great deal and it's amazing on how new things, that are bit silky, can make you feel better about yourself. Both DH and Steph have been encouraging me to do more things for myself and it's been improving my mood a lot.

Sunday was a very lazy day. I did laundry, cleaned up, played with the boys. I kept meaning to pick up my stitching since I knew I was close to being done on my DD piece. Finally after dinner I got everyone ready for Monday, I got lunches packed, clothes laid out, everyone showered and then about 8pm I got to sit down and stitch. DH took care of the bedtimes and I just kept going until I was done with just a couple of small breaks and finished somewhere around 2am or so. DH went to bed about 11pm but I kept right on stitching. The only bad thing is I was watching my "Supernatural" DVD while stitching. Watching spooky things, late at night, by yourself, not such a good idea. It took me a little while to finally settle down and go to sleep when I did finally head to bed.

Another thing I did this weekend was finally take the necklace DH gave me for Christmas apart and turned it into two scissor fobs. I had tried to make a bracelet or a watch band but neither would get much use or looked right since the bicones were a bit big. I'm a jeans/sweats/t-shirts most days so they wouldn't get much use. I think the fobs turned out really nice. They sparkle a lot, I wish that would come through in the picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Steph started her regular hours at Dh's office today. DH said it was really nice when someone walked into his office at 4:45pm with a problem and he was able to turn it over to her and walk out the door. I was happy to have him home too!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home