Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

UFO Friday Progress pictures

I pulled out my UFO project a day early. The boys were home from school for end of term records day so I wasn't sure if I would have time to stitch. They are usually pretty good but you do have to keep an eye on them and I wanted to make sure I had time to interact with them too. I was able to do that and get some stitching in both days so I made *a lot* of progress:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Designed by Jennifer Aikman-Smith, Copyright Dragon Dreams

I don't normally stitch on the weekends but one of my favorite old movies is on this afternoon so I'll probably have some time then. If I feel like stitching I'll pull this out since I'm so close to being done. I did as much of the backstitching as I could as I went since on this piece there is so much little bits of it. It's all in one color so that makes it easier but still a fair amount and not in straight lines. I'm not sure what I would work on next Friday if by chance I do finish this up this weekend but I have plenty of other UFO's to pull out if I by chance finish this one...I'm also motivated to get a couple of other things out of the way because I'd like to start on Stargazer that I've had in my stash forever. She has a lot of really good memories attached since it was a gift from a friend. I finally chose a fabric but have just been waiting to finish somethings before starting. I'm also thinking if I make enough progress on her I may treat myself to the new Mirabilia "Lady of the Mist" when my Birthday rolls around in late May. I discovered I have just a few punches left on my SNT punch card. If I buy a little something at the market day sale, it would get me $12 off a purchase, which would pretty much pay for LOTM pattern. I don't know, we'll have to see. I've seen the floss tosses for LOTM and they are such pretty colors and I so love the roses on it.

This has been a really good idea and I feel like it's helping me make some progress on things that have been laying around. I'm so smart for thinking of it.

It's another boring weekend around here. Steph is finally all trained at Dh's offices so she is on call this weekend so thankfully no phone calls and no trips to the office. She starts in 3 days a week, 2-10 starting on Monday. We do have a few errands to do, like grocery shop and I want to get to Jo-Ann's for the quilt batting I need so I can bead FG next week(minus the bugle beads until I find a replacement for them). We also may go TV browsing with my MIL sometime. She wants a new TV, an LCD one, but she can't convince my FIL to buy one. She wants to go looking so we said we would go with her. If she buys a new one, she will pass her old one onto us since we are the only ones in the family right now without a HDTV.

If you look at the corner of the picture you can see I have painted fingernails. I don't normally wear nail polish but the last night when S and I were hanging out, we did our toe nails and she convinced me to paint my fingernails the same color It's weird to see painted nails since it's not something I do, I do paint my toenails but that is more for DH who seems to like it. I'm not sure if my nails are all long enough or long the nail polish will last but it's kind of nice to have something so girlie since I'm usually not. Dh really liked it too.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home